Details: range $50,000-$60,000 annually
75 Rimmon Road
Director of Development and Communications
Ezra Academy is an outstanding Preschool-8th Grade Jewish Day School currently serving about 90 students and located in Woodbridge, Connecticut.
The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for the achievement of Ezra Academy’s fundraising and marketing goals. In close collaboration with the Head of School, other staff, the Board of Directors, and lay committees, s/he will:
- Cultivate and steward donors, directly soliciting gifts, managing donor information, managing acknowledgement of all contributions, and coordinating special recognition at different levels of giving, always placing a premium on establishing and sustaining strong relationships.
- Establish fundraising forecasts, develop calendars and action plans, prepare and report projections and goals met on a regular basis to the Head of School, Board, and Development Committee.
- Lead the school’s ongoing development activities, including the annual campaign, donor recognition events, Ezra Gala, Grandparents and Special Friends Day, Golf Classic, and any future campaigns or events the school undertakes.
- Manage the school’s publications, website, press releases, and social media, following the Marketing Plan to address all the school’s audiences with a unified voice.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Director to ensure a coordinated approach to outreach, recruitment, communications, and fundraising, always keeping in mind the fundamental inter-relatedness of these functions and the importance of adhering to our marketing strategies.
- Research opportunities for corporate and foundation sponsorships and grants and write and manage all grant applications, from proposal through acceptance, follow-up, and evaluation.
- Implement programs that train and utilize Board members and volunteers in the cultivation and solicitation process.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Ezra Academy is interested in applicants who have:
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications including Word, DonorPerfect, Excel and Publisher.
- A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, administration, Board members, teachers, and parents.
- Experience working with a Moves Management Program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- An enthusiastic commitment to Ezra Academy’s mission and values.
- Facility with planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- A straightforward, self-motivated and diplomatic orientation – sharing information readily, listening as well as giving advice, and respecting the abilities of others.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning, tax and charitable gift laws, and planned giving vehicles.
- Full-time position
- Location: Woodbridge, CT
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) to five (5) years of development experience, preferably in a school setting
- Salary: $50,000 to $60,000 per year
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required