2090 Seventh Avenue
Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a 25 year old education non-profit, whose mission is to change the lives of underserved young people beginning in middle school and continuing in college and beyond through a youth development approach that includes rigorous year-round academic enrichment, social and cultural exposure and constant individual attention. HEAF opens doors for all our students by making college a reality.100 percent of HEAF’s students finish high school and enroll in college, some 80 percent get college degrees in six years, and a third of those go on to gain advanced academic degrees.
Harlem Educational Activities Fund is seeking a Part Time Finance and Administration Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this position will provide support to Finance and Administration Departments assisting with daily office operations within our finance, office management, technology, and human resources divisions. Additionally, the Finance and Administration Assistant will collaborate with the Program department heads to ensure required documentation and approval is received timely.
This individual's primary responsibilities include:
- Payroll: assist with processing of bi-weekly payroll. This includes performing background checks, maintaining personnel files, monitoring paid time off balances.
- Assisting with data entry to ensure timely and accurate processing for accounts payable and cash receipts.
- Assist with end of month closing of general ledger.
- Troubleshooting unforeseen issues such as office repairs, and broken or lost equipment.
- Provide necessary backup to other Finance department employees.
• Punctuality and organizational skills • Ability to multi-task and work with several people at the same time • Excellent written and verbal communications skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent analytical skills • Proficient with computers in general and experience with MS Office
Monday through Friday, 9 am - 2 pm
We offer the following benefits to this PT position :
- 5 Sick Days
- 12 Holidays
- 18 Flexible Days
Minimum Education Required