Senior Curriculum Developer, Computer Science
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
In a high functioning team, under the supervision of the Director of Computer Science Education, lead small teams in designing, writing and facilitating the adoption of cutting edge Computer Science Curriculum for Elementary and Middle School classrooms. Using creative and technical knowledge this position will write curriculum that is piloted and transferred to classrooms through collaboration with our Sales and Implementation and Marketing teams.
- Products: 3-6 Elementary curriculum units and 3-6 Middle School curriculum units
- 12-month product development cycle per curriculum unit
- Travel up to 20%
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Director, Computer Science Education
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of education (e.g. education research, curriculum development, program development, or teaching.)
- Demonstrated experience working with K-12 education content standards
- Demonstrated experience leading the work of others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas through graphics and words.
- Experience teaching computer science, formally or informally
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines in a detail-oriented environment
- Experience in project management
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.