355 Food Center Drive
Title: Application Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology / Operations
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Locations: Based at Bronx Distribution Center with some travel to 39 Broadway
For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts.
To learn more about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
The Application Support Specialist will monitor Food Bank For New York City internal/external database systems. The Application Support Specialist will collaborate with departments to suggest any enhancements or changes to application/database environments, as well as any new project initiatives.
APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and Maintain systems accessibility and performance;
- Management and support of users and security permissions for all systems;
- Monitor helpdesk system and provide support for systems and databases related requests and/or incidents reported;
- Maintains policies, procedures, and training documents of all systems and databases up to date;
- Conduct internal/external audit for systems and databases;
- Conduct training and refreshers to internal staff for all systems;
- Maintain systems and databases integrity and enforce systems standards;
- Perform Data cleansing databases in accordance to policy and standards;
- Provide monthly report to Director of Information Technology of system standards, maintenance and/or projects.
- A.A.S. or higher degree in Information Technology required;
- 1-3 years of experience in SQL Server 2008 and 2012 installation in a stand alone environment.
- Experience in SQL server database creation, setting up logins & users.
- Must have experience in SQL server performance tuning.
- Experience in troubleshooting Databases issues.
- Backup and recovery procedures – must have experience in how to troubleshoot backup failures.
- Reviewing SQL server error logs.
- Must have experience to understand existing environment - Jobs configurations, policies, process to perform Application Support Specialist day-to-day activities. Like checking job failures, taking decision to run/not-run the jobs.
- Experience in SQL server database backup, restore and post restore activities.
- Experience in database capacity planning
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
- Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, with a history of success in roles requiring creative and critical thinking while managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment;
- Experience with or knowledge of social service/hunger issues a plus; and
- Passionate commitment to Food Bank’s mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please kindly submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org