Mentor Together is an award winning non-profit organization that has pioneered the youth mentoring movement in India. We provide children and youth facing adversity, empowering one-on-one relationships with mentors, that help them achieve their goals and dreams. Mentor Together works across 5 cities and 2 villages currently. We are a distributed but tightly knit team of professionals and development sector enthusiasts. We value hard work, details oriented execution and perseverance.
Mentor Together has been working in Bangalore since November 2009. We have been working with close to 600 children and youth, in partnership with organizations like the Foundation for Excellence, Magic Bus, government schools and others. Mentor Together also works with a network of Corporates like CISCO, Intel, IBM, HP, BOSCH, Volvo, Deutsche Bank and others in creating meaningful mentoring opportunities for their most committed and talented employees.
Join us, as we grow our Bangalore program. Learn more about us at www.mentortogether.org.
EXPERIENCE: 4 years of relevant social sector experience or strong related sector experience, in program management and reporting.
OVERVIEW: The Program Manager has overall ownership and responsibility of a program with 100 – 150 pairs, working with 1 project co-ordinator and 2 mentee coordinators to ensure successful program execution.
- Create & own the annual operational plan for a program with at least 100 - 150 pairs
- Plan & execute mentor outreach reaching out to at least 400 - 500 mentors, over different mediums - corporate partners, social media etc.
- Participate in at least half of the mentor selection along with the project co-ordinator and oversee remaining mentor selection to ensure successful completion & intake of at least 100 mentors over the program cycle
- Deliver the full induction training (of 8 hours) to mentors selected
- Oversee planning of mentee outreach & selection for 100 - 150 mentees
- Plan and execute matching of mentors and mentees across 100 - 150 pairs
- Oversee successful introduction of 100 - 150 pairs in the program cycle
- Track and report the planning of regular mentoring meetings in the program
- Read mentor logs and do regular check-ins with mentors
- Prepare standardized reports for mentor reviews and deliver review sessions at least 2 times per mentor in the program cycle
- Create and execute a calendar of events/activities for mentors and mentees in the city during the program cycle
- Create monthly reports on key project activities
- Manage program accounts
GROWTH & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT:
- Formal training on (up to 60 hours)
- Project planning & reporting
- Advanced mentorship theories and frameworks
- Mentor training
- Qualitative and quantitative methods of documentation
- Mentoring through senior program management individuals in the organization and externally, on-going for 4 months during a program year
- The Program Manager role after 2 years of demonstrable experience rolls into a Senior Program Manager track in the organization, with commensurate increase in compensation.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in social sciences or relevant subject. Post-graduate holders preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in program management and execution. Some time must have been spent directly working with youth at-risk.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrable ability to work to deadlines and manage a varied workload
- Fully proficient in MS Office
- CV and covering letter
- Telephone interview
- Personal interview
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your resume. Please mention the title of this job clearly in your email.