Are you passionate about the environment and public health? Do you keep abreast of the health effects linked to chemicals in our environment and consumer products? Are you familiar with risk assessments and determining chemical hazards?
If so, you might be a great fit for EWG’s toxicologist position.
We use unique expertise to gather and analyze mountains of data – on personal care products, household cleaners, processed foods, drinking water contaminants, agriculture damage – to expose risky practices, and products, confront manufactures and industries directly, and challenge the chemical status quo.
EWG seeks a masters or doctoral level scientist with a commitment to the environment and a desire to advocate for public health protection through innovative research.
· Provide toxicology expertise for assessing safety of ingredients in cosmetics, food, cleaning products, sunscreens, and other consumer products.
· Remain abreast of toxicology issues relevant to EWG issue areas.
· Develop original studies that inform consumers and the media about the health effects of potentially toxic chemicals in consumer products.
· Produce written reports, some for publication in peer-reviewed journals, on chemical pollution and human health.
· Help EWG transform company practices and national policies to reduce people's exposures to chemicals that pose risks to health.
· Compile, analyze and manage data on toxicity of product ingredients and environmental contaminants. You will be a member of the team that builds and maintains EWG's popular online resources rating the safety common sources of chemical exposures.
· Masters or PhD in toxicology.
· 3 or more years of experience in related position for corporate, government or non-government organizations.
· Familiarity with chemical toxicity assessments and sound understanding of toxicology/risk assessment principles.
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and also contribute expertise to multidisciplinary project teams.
· Familiarity with writing and editing scientific materials for a general audience.
· The position requires ability to work in a fast paced setting, efficiency with transition to new projects and commitment to the mission of the organization.
Location: Washington, D.C. – this position does not allow for tele-commuting/tele-work.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume and writing sample of scientific material written for general audience to Brett Dorow at email@example.com
Are you passionate about the environment and public health? Do you keep abreast of the health effects linked to chemicals in our environment and consumer products? Are you familiar with risk assessments and determining chemical hazards…