Details: Salary dependent on experience and location.
1110 Vermont Ave NW
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) is a Washington, D.C. based NGO and global community of thousands of volunteers working together to use maps and open data for humanitarian response and the Sustainable Development Goals. As the world’s preeminent participatory mapping NGO, HOT has fostered a global mapping community composed of more than 100,000 people with ground operations in five countries. When major disaster strikes anywhere in the world, HOT rallies this global network to create the maps and data that enable responders to reach those in need, serving humanitarian partners such as UNHCR, American Red Cross, and MSF. Job location is flexible: any HOT office (Washington, D.C., New York, Kampala, Dar es Salaam) or Remote working.
About the Position – Partnerships & Community Programs Assistant
HOT is searching for a Partnerships & Community Programs assistant to join our Partnerships and Community team. The role will involve:
- Coordinate activities for HOT Community programs including the 8 communities benefiting from the HOT Microgrants Program (https://www.hotosm.org/projects/microgrants_and_community_development). Includes assisting with management of: set up of Microgrants program each year, selection of communities to receive grants, monitoring progress through mid-term and end-of-term reports, managing financial disbursements.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of community grants
- Set up and manage a Community Volunteer recognition program to provide monthly recognition to active volunteers in the HOT Community
- Assisting with management of HOT’s monthly Community Webinars program, to share projects and experience across the HOT Community.
- Support management of activities for 3 HOT corporate partners engaging in the Missing Maps program
- Lead weekly Train the Trainer sessions to help corporate partners begin mapathons
- Create training resources for partner mapping events as and when needed
- Monitor impact and create communications for partner’s activities for up to 10 partners
- Provide support to Global YouthMappers network as needed
- Occasional conference attendance
- Administrative support coordinating events and travel
- Assistance drafting text for donor reports
Our preferred candidate is comfortable working in a very fast paced, startup-like environment with a highly motivated and unconventional team. Whilst significant prior experience is not expected, a pro-active, positive, go-getting nature is essential. You should thrive in an environment where you direct your day-to-day tasks and build a strategy through consensus with a team of staff and volunteers. You can choose your own office location and should love working with remote teams as you’ll spend significant time on the phone, on Slack, and Skype. Essential requirements include:
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Demonstrated experience working in the NGO sector (in a formal role, as a volunteer, or through corporate volunteering/CSR programs)
- Highly organised and able to manage working across multiple timezones
- Strong communication skills, including advanced written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work independently and lead activities
Working with an agile, innovative, and unconventional international team, with globally scalable impact.
Level of Language Proficiency
Working English. Other languages a positive but by no means essential: French, Spanish, Swahili.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Fill in the application form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd76AvhjXNmSUhoNlaewLVGQafgX4FgLWpvmk1e7vBzhdGAeA/viewform and send any questions to email@example.com.