2121 K Street, NW
The Awareness and Education Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction on initiatives to improve awareness of lupus, time to an accurate lupus diagnosis, and health outcomes and health-related quality of life among individuals with lupus. This person will be responsible for a government grant that includes the development and execution of a national awareness and education campaigns; ongoing promotion and growth of a web-based public resource center; overseeing the engagement of a national network of lupus partnerships; and coordinating the development and dissemination of lupus self-management education, physical activity and strength training resources. The position has dual reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and the Vice President of Education and Research.
The Program Director position requires a proven, forward-thinking, and dynamic individual to provide proactive leadership and vision in developing new, innovative programs. This includes having excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, project and staff management, budget and writing skills.
- Contribute to the creation of, and directly manage the production and execution of an evidence-based national integrated awareness and education campaign for individuals at risk for lupus, recently diagnosed individuals with lupus, lupus caregivers, health care professionals and lupus specialists.
- Work with the team to identify opportunities to engage and coordinate with appropriate national- and state-level organizations within the National Lupus Partners Network (NLPN) to support the campaigns and initiatives.
- Provide oversight and manage timelines related to the creation of an online resource center for people with lupus their caregivers and their physicians.
- Plan for and provide oversight in the development of lupus self-management courses and resources and dissemination to the Foundation’s national network, the NLPN and other relevant partners.
- Develop a comprehensive and aligned strategic marketing plan for new services, tools and initiatives.
- Manage the creation of marketing materials.
- Execute online/offline outreach, search engine marketing, advertising, public relations, event marketing, and other efforts to increase awareness and engagement.
- Be accountable for measuring and report on campaign and program results.
- Develop and effectively direct program activities to ensure timely completion of deliverables. This includes monitoring ongoing scopes of work to ensure accuracy of Lupus Foundation of America activities vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Ensure programmatic excellence through development and implementation of innovative performance and outcomes measures.
- Serve as resource advisor to program staff and support their work by managing resources, opportunity, time, and information.
- Responsible for completing project reports, managing budgets, preparing proposals and providing updates to Foundation’s National Board of Directors, Grant Officers, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 8+ years of progressive professional experience working in marketing, the public health field or government project management.
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts and practices.
- Strong project management & performance measurement skills with ability to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision-making for resource allocation and subsequent campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in public health program development, evaluation and reporting preferred.
- Spanish/English bilingual capability a plus.
- Experience in multicultural programming preferred.
- Federal grant management experience a plus.
- Strong project, staff management skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work successfully with cross-functioning teams, consultants and agencies.
- Experience working with national and community-based coalitions and organizations.
- Self-motivated, able to balance multiple and competing priorities or deadlines, excellent organizational skills, and ability to track multiple projects/programs tasks as delegated to program staff.
- Strong budget management experience, detail-oriented, and able to work well in evolving circumstances.
- Excellent written and oral communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills and management experience.
- A team player who is willing to engage in both strategic and tactical work as needed.
- Passion for results: the ability to find creative solutions and generate results in a dynamic environment.
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Education Required