Full Time Temporary
Position: Human Resources Recruiter - Sanctuary
Reports to: Senior Manager - Recruiting
Location: Kanab, UT
Dynamic recruiter needed for sourcing best candidates at the sanctuary. Must be independent, work in extremely fast-paced environment that is changing, challenging w/ multiple deadlines and priorities. It's awesome to hire great people but unfortunately, we have to say 'no' to some dedicated animal lovers because of our volume of candidates. Must be diplomatic in handling that type of situation. Typical day? Interviewing & summarizing notes, consulting with hiring managers, posting jobs, meeting candidates for HR Orientation, working in various systems (Help Desk, ADP, ApplicantPro, RightSignature), arranging evaluations, assigning new hire paperwork, attending team meetings, preparing on-site New Hire Orientation, collaborating w/ awesome co-workers and last but not least, doting on our HR Office dogs.
Position Summary: Best Friends HR recruiters work independently and as a team to develop and implement recruiting, hiring, onboarding and training programs and processes that reflect Best Friends' philosophy and mission, enabling the organization to recruit and retain the talent needed to achieve its strategic goals. The Sanctuary-based HR Recruiter is responsible for acting as the on-site and local-area representative of the Recruiting Department to facilitate in-person communication and networking as needed.
- Schedule lunch or other meet & greets with interns, applicants, new hires and others to provide information and answer questions about career/job opportunities with Best Friends
- Act as the local liaison/representative for job fairs and recruiting/career presentations at schools and businesses
- Represent the HR Recruiting Department to assist with Best Friends social events
- Network with on-site staff and Founders to foster a positive reputation for HR
- Participate in HR office activities, such as care of office dogs, distribution of payroll, maintenance of office environment, as needed.
- Conduct orientations for 1 and 2-week candidates and new hires
Recruiting & Hiring
- Organize and maintain daily workload to carry out all functions of the recruiting and hiring process from position requisition through new employee's first day of work
- Manage all back-end data systems for information accuracy, including but not limited to, the Help Desk Position Requisition Form (PRF) and Personnel Action Form (PAF) system and applicant tracking system and notify manager of any discrepancies or requests outside the scope of normal business practices that need high-level resolution
- Work with hiring managers to help them craft job descriptions that include specific competencies against which to compare candidates as well as future performance
- For each open position, partner with hiring manager to determine requirements for each position and qualities of an ideal candidate, developing a strategic recruitment strategy
- Determine search strategy and post positions that will attract top talent and maximize culture fit, implementing strategic advertising, and perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, non-profit and animal welfare publications, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals
- Promote job opportunities internally; foster and support internal applicants transparently, recognizing employee development potential
- Review and develop interview guides and questions; assist hiring managers with interview best practices
- Review applications and pre-screen applicants, conduct initial interviews; inform candidates about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities
- Refer applicants to hiring personnel in the organization, making hiring recommendations when appropriate
- Coordinate with specific department Executive Assistants to help with onsite interviews.
- Advise hiring managers of pre-hire processes and conduct or arrange for assessments, reference, background and MVR checks when appropriate on applicants
- Draft offer letters through coordination with the hiring manager
- Hire applicants and authorize paperwork assigning them to positions
- Oversee administrative support staff in work processes relating to recruiting and hiring
Onboarding & Training
- Mentor managers and employees on staffing policies, procedures, onboarding and other HR functions as needed
- Conduct or oversee new-hire or 1 and 2-weeker orientations
- Collaborate with team on training topics and needs; help design training curriculum and/or conduct trainings as needed
Collaboration & Networking
- Remain knowledgeable of best practices and work with team to determine and implement appropriate recruiting techniques to attract the highest-quality candidates who fit the Best Friends culture
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and organizational needs
- Work with Communications staff to leverage job postings through existing organization marketing platforms, including but not limited to social media and the Best Friends magazine
- Build relationships and identify cross over with Volunteer and Visitor Engagement Division developing volunteers and interns as a talent source
- Coordinate across the organization to identify conferences staff regularly attend to develop recruitment leads and promote job opportunities
- Create relationships with universities, community colleges and technical schools and post positions on websites
- Address civic and social groups and attend conferences to disseminate information concerning possible job openings and career opportunities
- Attend Best Friends events and represent HR on committees as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in recruitment services or high-level customer service
- PHR or SHMR-CP certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Marketing, sales and promotional experience a plus
- Principles, theories, and practices of recruitment & selection, negotiation, employee relations, personnel/human resource management and job classification and/or job analysis required or ability to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable talking in a group setting, making presentations or facilitating a discussion.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive in follow-up and follow-through; continual attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple competing tasks, projects and demands
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and effectively solve problems in a professional manner.
- Strong inter-personal skills; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Extensive knowledge of Best Friends culture and operations a plus.
- Must be able to gain credibility with all levels of employees quickly.
- Proficient with computer data entry, various databases, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Mail, Google Calendar and Google drive, ADP, Go To Meeting; Applicant Tracking systems, comfortable learning and becoming proficient with new systems that are introduced by the company.
- Ability to articulate and advocate Best Friends' mission and position on issues.
- Ability to see and sort a variety of printed and online information
- Work at a computer and/or on the phone for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion
- Some travel required
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegan food.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.