JFS is a 125 year-old non-profit organization providing effective social services to individuals and families of all backgrounds in the Puget Sound region. We help people achieve well-being, health and stability. For more information about JFS, please visit www.jfsseattle.org.
Jewish Family Service is seeking an Employment Case Manager in the Refugee & Immigrant Services program. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position provides case management to refugee and immigrant clients in need of economic stability, career planning and advancement, and financial well-being. The position will work out of the Kent JFS office and includes travel to other locations in the community for meetings and appointments. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Conduct assessment and assistance in reaching self-sufficiency goals for assigned clients.
- Using a strengths-based approach, work with clients to create individualized career plans, identifying and managing towards short and long-term goals.
- Act as advocate and care coordinator to ensure client access to services and benefits, such as refugee support, medical care, ESL and childcare enrollment and transportation.
- Provide on-going orientations to enhance client job readiness skills and move towards career advancement goals: interviewing skills, workplace culture and expectations, industry-specific skills.
- Help clients gain access to appropriate career pathways through entry-level opportunities such as trainings, educational opportunities, work and volunteer experience.
- Assess and record client progress towards set goals. Ensure complete, accurate and timely documentation for each case.
- Collaborate across agency programs and develop relationships with other community organizations to ensure client and agency goals are met. Provide information and referrals to clients, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within field.
- Experience working with other cultures and ability to effectively communicate with people who speak English as a second language.
- Case management/employment placement experience a plus.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable access to personal vehicle as well as ability to drive agency vehicles required.
- Familiarity with local community resources and systems in social service support programs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.