The New Group, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a full-time EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT. The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. In addition to producing four annual productions, the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program champions original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined high school, college, and adult students.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Founding Artistic Director and Executive Director in day-to-day operations acting as a liaison and ensuring centralized communications with all staff, The New Group’s Board of Directors, patrons, funders, and artists. The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for managing the administrative office and coordinating the Internship and Fellowship Programs.
Assistant responsibilities include:
· Manages and maintains calendar and contacts for the Artistic and Executive Directors
· Coordinates executive communications, including calls, drafting emails, and interfacing with board members, donors and other constituents
· Takes meeting minutes and tracks and executes action items on the Directors’ behalf
· Organizes and submits expense reports
· Arranges minimal business travel as required (flight, hotel, transportation)
· Organizes and manages annual calendar of Board and Board Committee meetings
· Coordinates Board and Board Committee meeting attendance, arranges catering, creates/distributes meeting materials
· Supports Artistic and Executive Directors at special events as needed
Office administration responsibilities include:
· Project manages administrative office move in Fall 2018
· Manages general office administration, including inventory and ordering of office supplies, calendar management and IT troubleshooting with external consultant
· Serves as administrative lead and assists in setting and managing deadlines on long‐term management projects
- Answers the operator telephone and directs calls to the appropriate lines
- Coordinates and tracks the pickup and receipt of various deliveries, including those by messenger
- Greets visitors, vendors, and invited guests
- Organizes the administrative pantry, including restocking supplies
· Coordinates full staff initiatives and internal events
· Position also coordinates Internship and Fellowship Program, including recruitment, orientation, organizing seminars and networking opportunities, and evaluation with supervisors
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, a professional mature demeanor and have the ability to exercise strong judgment in a variety of situations with tact and courtesy. Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication; exemplary administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities with a dedication to details and follow-up. The Executive Assistant will handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
· One or more years of office administration, or equivalent, experience; experience in supporting an organization’s leader is preferable
· Ability to work and collaborate with a diverse range of people, including the ability to be an ambassador for the senior leaders and the organization
· Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and energy; able to anticipate the next step and/or question
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office required; database experience a plus.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an E.O.E. and people of color, immigrants, veterans, differently abled, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply.
Salary range is $35,000 – 45,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans.
Minimum Education Required