Program Coordinator (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative)
- Job posted by American Society of Clinical Oncology
2318 Mill Road
Do you want to apply your program coordination and administrative skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a high performing Program Coordinator with at least 2-3 years of related administrative experience to join our Clinical Affairs department. The selected candidate will support ASCO’s quality assessment and reporting program (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®)) through coordination of administrative, operations, legal and logistics requests.
What you will do:
· Support the QOPI® Help Desk by responding to participant inquiries, registering and maintaining participant records, and tracking calls and responses, informing supervisor and team members of program-related issues, requests, and information, contributing to program presentations, and supporting QOPI® activities at external meetings and conferences
· Coordinate with team members to prepare requests from internal and external stakeholders for QOPI® information such as practice status lists, email distribution lists, performance and metrics, registration and participation, and insurer and improvement networks
· Coordinate closely with the QOPI® team and other internal stakeholders to support participants to fulfill CMS reporting requirements
· Coordinate and plan logistics for QOPI® meetings, calls, and committees including minute taking, agenda drafting, and email communications, coordinate legal contracts and email communications with internal and external legal teams and other internal stakeholders, process invoices, and maintain and improve internal administrative documents
· Serve as part of the testing team to test QOPI® system for user acceptability, accuracy, and functionality
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor's degree (or equivalent years of experience) required
· 2-3 years of administrative professional experience
· Strong customer service skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
· Experience troubleshooting software issues
· Experience with quality measurement and reporting
· General knowledge of oncology care
· Ability to collaborate across divisions to implement projects and achieve results
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required