In a fast-paced, high volume, team environment, the Membership Associate processes gifts and provides excellent customer service to Trustees members and prospective members. The successful candidate is enthusiastic, detail oriented, and flexible, with outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. A high degree of data-entry accuracy, an unflappable demeanor, eagerness to help guests and staff, and the ability to communicate progress on tasks and responsibilities with team members are essential. This position reports to the Membership Marketing Manager.
- Accurately and efficiently process membership applications and annual appeal gifts received via mail, phone, and through our onsite ticketing/POS system, Siriusware; and batch enter into Raiser’s Edge
- Accurately process membership program add-ons (includes parking permits, ski passes, etc)
- Provide exceptional customer service to members on the phone and through email
- Maintain knowledge of current membership policies and procedures and communicate these to members as needed
- Promote full range of benefits to prospective members and guide them through the application process
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Answer incoming emails to membership@ address accurately and in a timely manner
- Research and resolve issues concerning memberships, visitor services questions, and other feedback
- Assist with weekly fulfilment mailings
- Assist with processing of corporate matching gifts
- Process and fulfill auction requests for donated memberships
- Additional department projects as assigned, with or without accommodation
- College degree in related field, with experience in an office environment, preferably in a customer service or membership role
- Ability to work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule during May, June, and July
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, or comparable fundraising-database software, highly preferred
- Familiarity with Siriusware or comparable ticketing and POS software preferred
- Expertise with PC applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent customer service
- Proactive problem solver, dedicated to getting the right answer through research and deductive reasoning
- Positive and professional phone manner
- A team player with a strong commitment to work collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers, and partners
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and establish and meet deadlines
- Routine work schedule is Monday-Friday 9-5 except from May through July when a Tuesday through Saturday schedule is preferred, and some flexibility will be granted.
- Office setting with occasional trips to outdoor sites
- Must be able to life and carry up to 20 pounds
Benefits and Salary:
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly paid position. This position is based in Boston, MA.
The Trustees offers competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
About The Trustees:
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 116 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Minimum Education Required