UMass Hillel is seeking a full-time IACT Coordinator for its IACT Campus Program. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Israel and Jewish life, loves connecting with college students, loves travel, works well in a team, and has the organizational and interpersonal skills needed to effectively recruit students to go on Birthright Israel.
IACT (Inspired, Active, Committed, Transformed) is an initiative that builds on the success of Taglit-Birthright Israel by providing support and inspiration to students before and after their trip. This is a unique position for a candidate with 1-2 years of work experience who is skilled in organizing, marketing, event planning, and program development. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous successful implementation of creative ideas.
The IACT Coordinator will work with students prior to their departure and upon their return from their Taglit-Birthright Israel experience developing activities to engage students in Jewish life on campus, encouraging them to become involved as leaders and participants in student-organized Jewish programming and groups, and facilitating their participation in existing Israel-related opportunities on and off campus.
The main goals for the Coordinator include:
- Expanding the number of Taglit-Birthright Israel trip participants from UMass through robust and creative recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Engaging Taglit-Birthright Israel participants in Jewish life after the trip in the areas of Israel education/advocacy, community service, and Jewish life and learning; developing personalized follow-up and individual Jewish/Israel plans with Taglit-Birthright alumni to deepen individuals' connection to Jewish life.
- Working with the UMass Hillel programming team to leverage the Taglit-Birthright Israel participants as a core group through which others are engaged and brought into Jewish activities, thereby helping to transform campus Jewish life.
- Working as a full member of the UMass Hillel staff team, including advising and overseeing the activities of student groups relating to Jewish Life, Israel-programming and education.
- Natural ability to connect with a wide range of students.
- Natural team player and clear communicator.
- Self-driven and motivated, with energy and enthusiasm for Israel programming and travel.
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage projects with many moving parts, to set timetables, and adhere to deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Interested in professional growth in a team environment.
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups, outgoing and personable.
- Prior travel experience in Israel, and depth of personal connection with Israel and Judaism.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Jewish education and outreach.
- Knowledge of Israeli society and culture.
- Strong marketing background or transferrable experience.
- BA or equivalent.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $30,000 - $34,000 (commensurate with experience).
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
About UMass Hillel:
UMass Hillel is a vibrant and extremely active Hillel, located next to the UMass Amherst campus. With over 2,000 Jewish students on campus, UMass Hillel is a home away from home for hundreds of students. With 10 Jewish student groups and a fun and dedicated large staff team, we offer a huge range of meaningful programming and opportunities. We are located in the beautiful college town of Amherst in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in