1330 Braddock Place
Company Overview: Close Up Foundation’s mission is to inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy. As a non-profit/non-partisan leader in civic education since 1971, we believe that a strong democracy requires active and informed participation by all citizens.
Position Overview: The Community Relations department is responsible for leading the Foundation’s outreach and engagement efforts. Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, the Alumni Coordinator works collaboratively with multiple departments to develop cultivation and engagement strategies, expanding our vast network of participants from across the nation.
- Maintain Close Up’s database of alumni; ensure data is updated in a timely manner and alumni volunteers are tracked appropriately.
- Develop alumni cultivation and activation strategies, identifying potential speakers, volunteers, donors, and program participants.
- Create content for quarterly alumni newsletter, alumni profiles on website, and outreach campaign correspondence.
- Plan, execute, and provide on-site support for alumni events in Washington, D.C.,and metropolitan areas throughout the U.S.
- Assist with departmental fundraising initiatives nationwide.
- Provide on-site support for student and teacher programs as needed.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- One to two (1-2) years’ experience in at least one of these areas: alumni development, alumni relations, project/program management, event coordination, and cultivation of philanthropic relationships.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media outreach.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evening and weekend events as needed.
- Ability to work independently, as well as thrive in a team environment to achieve goals.
- Ability to work on several projects and tasks simultaneously, managing conflicting priorities, meeting deadlines.
Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation & Sick Leave, Short/Long-term and Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, On-site Gym, Free Parking, Metro Subsidy, Metro Accessible Location (Braddock Road), Casual Attire, Great Colleagues.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only applications with a cover letter AND résumé will be considered.
Apply online at www.closeup.org/why-close-up/jobs.
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.