Part Time Contract
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault in Massachusetts and Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. All applicants must agree with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to improving the response to sexual violence, empowerment, and inclusiveness. These contract positions will be filled with attorneys with a strong work ethic, good sense of humor, and a commitment to serving underserved populations.
- Provide sexual assault survivors with comprehensive legal consultations, full representation, and referrals
- Provide sexual assault victims with legal assistance in the areas of safety and privacy and an additional practice area to include one or more of the following: education (K-12/campus sexual assault), employment, immigration, housing
- Conduct strategic outreach to community partners throughout southeastern Massachusetts and/or Cape Cod
- Participate in the collection of accurate client services data
- Work collaboratively with a team of lawyers throughout the Commonwealth
- Conducting intakes with survivors at partner organizations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and in good standing
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a practicing attorney in Massachusetts in one or more of the following areas of law: education, employment, immigration, housing
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving in southeastern MA and/or the Cape
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish
- Experience working with trauma survivors and/or marginalized communities (e.g. LGBTIQ individuals, communities of color, people with disabilities, children)
- Courtroom experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Preferred fluency in Portuguese or Spanish, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail email@example.com with both your last name and “MA Attorney” as the subject of your email. Be sure to include your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Applications that do not contain all required items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.