1100 7th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Since 1999, WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease has been the nation’s only patient-centered organization solely devoted advancing women’s heart health through patient support, community education, and advocacy. WomenHeart is both a coalition and a community of thousands of members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, health care professionals, health advocates, all committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives. This $4.5 million organization is poised for rapid expansion and leadership in the field.
WomenHeart seeks to hire an Accounts Receivable Associate to administer the daily operations of WomenHeart’s Accounts Receivable function. The Associate will provide support and report into the VP of Finance and will also work closely with the Accounts Payable Associate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Posts customer electronic and/or mail payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits.
- Maintains accounting files (e.g., invoices, debits and credits) in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Tracks and maintains support network account balances, including entering deposits as received.
- Generates invoices and tracks incoming payments, follows up on unpaid invoices.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Develops and provides receipts and/or acknowledgement for donations, grants and sponsorships received by the organization.
- Update and manage constituent information using organizational database (e.g. Raiser’s Edge)
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigation information from fundraising or other organizational activities.
- Develops and maintains receivable reports for to Development, National Hospital Alliance and Corporate Advisory Committee activities.
- Develops and maintains quarterly District Leader balance reports.
- Develops and maintains quarterly, or as needed, budget reports for staff.
- Assists with reports and materials for monthly close; budget tracking, annual audit and annual Form 990 filing.
- Completes bank deposits daily or as needed.
- Maintains working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Supports other finance and organizational activities, as needed or directed.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounts receivable, bookkeeping/finance, or related field.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Ability to use constituency management software to track and manage donations, grants and sponsorships; experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- General math skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs, QuickBooks or other financial software experience preferred.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Customer service and negotiation skills.
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school in business, finance or correlated field. Bachelors degree preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For immediate consideration, please email Wanda Freeman, at email@example.com, a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org