The executive assistant and board liaison partners with the CEO, board and senior leadership team to advance GEO’s mission. The executive assistant provides exceptional support, including coordinating board meetings, calendar management and meeting preparation for the executive office, and communicating with other staff teams. With excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a commitment to responsive service, the executive assistant is proactive in anticipating needs and balancing multiple priorities. They can handle confidential and time sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and are willing to support advancement of GEO’s culture and work on racial equity. The executive assistant reports to the executive vice president and works closely with the CEO and board. This position involves 5-10% travel.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
· Worked with the executive vice president and board executive committee to draft an upcoming board meeting agenda
· Talked with the director of programs about an invitation the CEO received to keynote a conference to see if the opportunity helps GEO meet our speaking engagement goals
· Worked with a partner organization to schedule an upcoming meeting between the CEO and their leadership
· Reviewed a list of member organizations in need of board/staff outreach to identify opportunities for GEO to deepen relationships with our members
· Coordinated a prospective member meeting with the CEO and director of membership & development
· Crafted an outline for the CEO’s end of year message to GEO members for review by the communications team
· Responded to a member inquiry directed to the CEO
· Compiled receipts for monthly credit card expense reports
· Minimum of five years of experience working with executive leaders, preferably in non-profit or philanthropic organization(s)
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, GEO members, external partners and others
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Organizational skills that reflect ability to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail and timelines, and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate high level of customer service and responsiveness
· Willingness to support an organization in the midst of transformation to center racial equity in our culture, practices and work
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Salesforce experience a plus
· Interest in GEO's mission and vision to improve philanthropic culture and practice
The executive assistant and board liaison partners with the CEO, board and senior leadership team to advance GEO’s mission. The executive assistant provides exceptional support, including coordinating board meetings…
GEO offers a generous benefits package, including 100 percent employer paid health insurance, three weeks of vacation, twelve sick days, most federal holidays, a 7 percent employer retirement contribution, a commitment to (and funding for) professional development and growth, along with a Metro accessible location in downtown D.C.
GEO offers a generous benefits package, including 100 percent employer paid health insurance, three weeks of vacation, twelve sick days, most federal holidays, a 7 percent employer…
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs; a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will accept applications until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received by November 1, 2021. In your cover letter, please share the following:
· Why are you a good fit for this position?
· Tell us about your experience working with organizational leaders
· How do you build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders?
· What appeals to you about working at GEO?
Preference for candidates based in the DC region.
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs; a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will accept…