474 BOSTON TPKE
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that healthy food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. We are seeking an experienced, innovative, strategic development professional to help lead the organization in identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors to grow revenues with a focus on building donor loyalty and enhancing donor communication.
- Serves as member of the senior management team
- Supervises Development Manager, Development & Communications Coordinator and Development & Communications Associate. Co-supervises Communications & Marketing Manager
- Fosters a culture of philanthropy, creates a donor-centered organization through a comprehensive relationship-building program
- Translates the WCFB’s vision and goals into compelling appeals
- Manages a portfolio of major donors and interfaces regularly with donors of all types.
- Evaluates the effect of internal and external forces and recommends short- and long-range fund development plans and programs
- Provides general oversight of all of WCFB’s fund development activities
- Develops and coordinates plans for ongoing evaluation and enhancement
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of budgets and strategic plan
- In keeping with the body of knowledge and best / next practice, designs and assures implementation of cost-effective fund development programs, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality and solid return on investment.
- Bachelors’ degree and a minimum of 5 years fund development and communications experience in a professional management position with supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated success in managing and implementing comprehensive programs in fund development and communications.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the dimensions of philanthropy, ethics, motivations for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques
- Comprehensive management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and success in forging relationships
- Demonstrated experience with Donor Perfect or similar system and Microsoft Office
- Membership in a professional fundraising, baseline certification in fundraising, the CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) preferred.
- WCFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities and people who have experienced poverty to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can email their cover letter and resume with Director of Development in the subject line or mail cover letter and resume to Lisa Tuttle, Administrative Coordinator, WCFB, 474 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA 01545. (full job description listed on website)