475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Lead Case Manager – Lutheran Safe Haven Shelter and Foster Care Program
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Exempt Management Team
The Safe Haven for Children Program is a 24-hour program serving young persons in immigration custody who are awaiting release to their sponsors. The Lead Case Manager provides supervision and support to the Shelter and Foster Care Case Managers, reviewing progress notes, conducting trainings and holding weekly supervision meetings. The Lead Case Manager also carries a case load of up to 4 cases. Case management work includes identifying appropriate parents or guardians to whom the young persons may be released and communicating any concerns regarding potential sponsors with the Federal Field Specialist; and ensuring that the young persons receive essential services such as: medical, mental health, and dental care; basic education; orientation; and legal screening.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the daily operation of the Case Management team.
- Train and coach the Case Management team.
- Conduct individual weekly supervision meetings with Case Managers.
- Review charts for all Shelter and Foster Care cases.
- Complete timely review of progress notes, Individual Service Plans and Psychosocials completed by Case Managers.
- Assess the needs of and provide support and case management services to all young persons in program.
- Ensure that Individual Service Plans are implemented, in accordance with all applicable regulations and LSSNY policies, for young persons in care.
- Screen for human trafficking concerns.
- Document the provision of services in each young person’s case file.
- Help young persons identify and screen prospective sponsors.
- Assist potential sponsors with completing family reunification packets and refer them to fingerprinting.
- Provide young persons with guidance on activities of daily living, including good personal hygiene.
- Create and maintain case charts, so they are audit-ready.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA.
- Adhere to program guidelines and schedules.
- Enforce all safety rules and regulations in accordance with agency policies and procedures, and ensure that young persons comply with established house rules.
- Document and report all major and minor incidents in accordance with ORR policies and procedures.
- Provide a stable, abuse- and drug-free environment.
- Perform other duties as required by direct supervisor or needs of the program/agency.
- Case Managers
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling, with particular focus on child and adolescent development.
- Licensure preferred.
- Experience working with immigrant youth or child welfare services preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must speak Spanish fluently.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with consumers and co-workers.
- Superior organizational skills and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise enormous amount of patience and good judgment.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required