Details: Salary commensurate with experience
Danbury Animal Welfare Society (DAWS) is the region’s leading companion animal welfare organization, placing more than 800 animals annually in forever homes, providing pet owners with low-cost veterinary care through its in-house clinic, and educating the public about critical issues related to companion animal welfare.
More than 100 volunteers and staff members contribute to the success of DAWS, a 501c(3) organization with headquarters in Bethel, Conn. that relies heavily on contributed income to advance its life-saving mission. Its related marketing objectives include selling tickets to its annual events, promoting the adoption of DAWS animals, and raising the organization’s visibility with the general public.
DAWS seeks an experienced development and marketing professional who can expand its donor base, grow its contributed income bottom line, increase participation in its events, and lead an ambitious capital campaign. Reporting to the board of directors, the director will also provide inspirational leadership for a team of staff and volunteers who provide support in these key areas.
Development responsibilities include:
- Identify, educate, steward, and cultivate a portfolio of major individual donors and corporate supporters.
- Manage, coordinate, and provide leadership for a capital campaign to renovate the DAWS shelter.
- Research and apply for grants; ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Supervise processing and donor recognition for over $350,000 in annual general fund giving.
- Manage usage, maintenance, reporting, and integration of Donor Perfect database into the functions of the DAWS organization.
- Plan and manage fundraising events including an annual gala with field support event staff.
- Participate and collaborate with DAWS’ business fundraising partner programs.
Marketing responsibilities include:
- Define and execute overall marketing/communication strategy, with a strong focus on sustaining and increasing revenue.
- Develop and implement mail, online, social media and event-based campaigns in support of its objectives
- Media relations, including pitching stories and serving as a spokesperson as needed.
- Writing copy for and coordinating the design of advertising and print collateral.
- Leading the organization’s e-mail marketing initiative.
- Social media management.
- Website messaging and updates.
The Development and Marketing Director will engage and motivate staff and volunteers and report monthly to the Board of Director’s about the department’s initiatives. Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years professional fund-raising experience, with a corresponding successful track record in strategic marketing initiatives.
- Experience serving as a mentor and leader for passionate staff and volunteers.
- Tech savvy and comfortable on multiple platforms, proficient in donor management software (Donor Perfect preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- A social media native, fluent in best practices.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, able to manage time well and meet deadlines.
- Animal welfare experience a strong plus.
- Capital campaign experience a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Board of Directors. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required