1412 Broadway, Suite 2135
The Association of University Presses is a community of publishing professionals and institutions committed to the highest caliber of research-based scholarship. Together, we advocate for the fundamental role of scholarly publishing in achieving academic excellence and in cultivating and disseminating knowledge.
AUPresses is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist us in our New York office. The Coordinator works under the primary supervision of the Membership Manager and the Business Manager. The ideal candidate should be available to start in early April.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the following:
Annual Conference Support
- Provide, pre, during and post conference logistics and support, include registration and vendor management, and monitor department information systems.
- Prepare registration materials for shipment
- Prepare materials and staff onsite registration
- Provide customer service and support to conference attendees and exhibitors
Support the Association’s Professional Development and Cooperative Programs
· Administer meeting mentorship program
· Prepare reports and data for various association grant and residency programs
· Provide registration and technical support for webinars
· Handle queries and insertions for Association’s advertising program
· Administer cooperative programs as directed.
General Administrative Support
· Enter data and generate reports in Association’s databases
· Help with board and committee meeting logistical arrangements
· Process committee and board expense forms
· Handle office mailings and errands
· Other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Basic writing, proofreading, and research skills
- Strong computer skills and willingness and ability to learn and troubleshoot, standard office software, Salesforce, and event management systems.
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Must be willing to work with and assist others in a small cooperative staff environment. Able to do occasional travel and work occasional evenings and weekends (with advance notice).
- Must be able to commute to New York City
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The Association maintains a remote work environment. During a probationary period, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to work remotely.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Association of University Presses is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.