138-46 Northern Boulevard
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a Guest Rooms Coordinator who will, under the supervision of the Membership Sales & Engagement Director, provide leadership and direction to success of the Branch Guest Rooms Department by leading and demonstrating outstanding Guest Room hospitality and the fulfillment of job responsibilities. These responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of guest room sales, service, satisfaction and retention. The incumbent will also work closely with the RSC staff and housing agencies to ensure a quality experience for our guests and residents. The Guest Room Coordinator carries out the mission and vision of the Y, and adheres to the Y values when dealing with staff and customers.
- Ensure that all guests and residents receive premiere service by monitoring adherence to guest room policies, procedures, best practices and standards, and by modeling outstanding service and great hospitality.
- Be familiar with guest room processes and be able to process walk-in, telephone and email reservations if needed. Maintain a clear understanding of Group sales processes and check-in policies.
- Develop, track and control the department budget in accordance with branch and association guidelines.
- Share supervision of the Hospitality agents with Membership Sales and Engagement Director.
- Work with Micros (guestroom software) to ensure accurate pricing at all times.
- Market and promote the property to both the international and domestic travel market following best practices.
- Audit daily paperwork and reports to ensure accuracy of all accounts. Weekly review of accounts receivables.
- Manage inventory of all guest room supplies
- Work with maintenance department and housekeeping to ensure that rooms and facility remains clean.
- Facilitate and review online guest reviews of facility.
- Uphold all Association policies and demonstrate the YMCA’s core values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty. Support a positive image of the YMCA in the community and practice good public relations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management, Business Management, or related field.
- Minimum of one year experience of guest room operations or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience implementing, teaching and supervising customer service programs preferred; hotel operations or related field strongly desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AS400, ADP and Micros.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Guest Rooms Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn.: Tiffany Dunbar
138-46 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.