1420 South Michigan Avenue
POSITION: Parent Engagement Fellow
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator, Parent Engagement
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
LENGTH OF FELLOWSHIP: 12-15 months
POSITION TYPE: Part-time (10-15 hours/week)
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.liftcommunities.org.
This September, LIFT will participate in a randomized control trial with the Department of Health and Human Services to demonstrate the efficacy of coaching programs for improving employment outcomes. LIFT is hiring several Parent Engagement Fellows across our Chicago, Los Angeles and New York offices to support the year-long evaluation’s recruitment and enrollment. This role is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and dynamic relationship builder to further economic opportunity for families with low incomes.
AS A PARENT ENGAGEMENT FELLOW, YOU WILL:
- Enroll parents in LIFT’s program, which includes warmly welcoming parents and administering surveys and protocols for randomization.
- Monitor integrity of data collection related to the study and make adjustments in data collection strategies as needed, with support from LIFT’s national program team.
- Manage against weekly recruitment targets and collaborate across regions to share best practices and troubleshoot challenges.
- Communicate with LIFT’s national program team and external evaluators about progress against recruitment and enrollment targets.
- Support the Parent Engagement Coordinator to build and steward strong relationships with local community referral partners from which LIFT sources program participants
- Support the Parent Engagement Coordinator to develop and deploy savvy recruitment strategies to enroll parents, including design and delivery of informational events, workshops and community-driven outreach.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree required; experience working with families is a plus
- Spanish proficiency is strongly preferred.
- You are a master relationship builder; you listen carefully to partners’ needs and you always follow through.
- You are a high-energy problem-solver who devises creative solutions when challenges arise.
- You are a clear, compelling and energizing communicator.
- You are detail-oriented and comfortable using data systems to track performance, learn and improve.
- You are disciplined and meticulous in your work product.
- You are comfortable setting an agenda and facilitating large group events, like recruitment events or workshops.
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency is strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note your name, the role title, and the location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.