Who We Are
Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthen Latino institutions through work in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment, & the environment. Values that drive our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
The Hispanic Federation seeks a Development Officer to support the design and implementation of fundraising strategies in government grants and private foundation funding to further the mission, programs, and policy work of the Hispanic Federation. The Development Officer will oversee a robust portfolio of grants and contracts, serving as the lead author and project manager to ensure proposals are completed and submitted. The successful candidate understands the intricacies of program and budget development, is a persuasive writer and a strategic thinker, and can map, track, and ensure the successful cultivation of our institutional supporters and federal agencies aimed at supporting HF’s programs.
This position reports to the Vice President for Development and works closely with the Senior Vice President for Institutional Development, HF Program Directors, and the Development Manager.
Working closely with the Vice President for Development, the Development Officer will support all aspects of institutional fundraising:
Foundation & Corporate Fundraising
• Identify and qualify foundation and corporate opportunities through research.
• Prepare, write and submit letters of intent, proposals, or reports to foundation and corporate sources.
• Acknowledge and steward awarded grants and develop timely, "client-ready" reports through close collaboration with Federation program teams.
• Ensure that foundation and corporate donors are cultivated through strategic communications and updates.
Fundraising Planning & Strategy
• Collaborate with both the VP for Development and the Senior Vice President for Institutional Development in the design of annual and multi-year institutional fundraising plans.
• Execute donor research, prospecting, acknowledgement, and reporting systems in support of annual and long-term fundraising efforts.
• Prepare solicitation and event analyses to ensure that best practices are identified and institutionalized.
Government Grants Fundraising
• Oversee the application process for all government applications and contracts.
• Serve as project manager of all government grants; track, organize, and finalize all proposal deliverables and coordinate closely with relevant staff members.
• Support a transition plan for programs team for all successful applications, support in creation of reports and final reports.
• Support the production of outreach materials, press releases and website materials through copywriting, editing and proofing.
• Work closely with Program Directors to frame deliverable programs and project budgets.
• Support the Development Department in all requisite paperwork and filings and managing both internal and external processes.
• Maintain development files of submitted materials.
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degrees or certification in fundraising is strongly preferred.
• 5+ years of experience working within a non-profit to achieve fundraising goals, focus on government grant management, institutional or foundation given, and/or corporate sponsorship is an asset
• Experience working with, and reporting to, senior leadership, providing cohesive reports and soliciting and absorbing constructive feedback
• Persuasive, meticulous writing and strong copyediting skills are essential to this position.
• Strong project management skills, including expertise in coordinating multiple work streams and synthesizing data for reporting purposes.
• Ability to create and manage work plans, trackers and budgets that are tied to specific outcomes.
• Demonstrated commitment to the Latino community is necessary.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations.
• Strategic thinker with the capacity to manage up, anticipate challenges, and develop and implement strategies to addressing them.
• Well-organized, professional and thoughtful team player.
• Speaking and writing skills in Spanish strongly preferred, but not essential.
• MS Office - fully proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
HF will adhere to all local, state, and federal vaccine requirements. HF requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability, medical necessity or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law will be considered upon request.
For more information about the Hispanic Federation, go to www.hispanicfederation.org.
Hispanic Federation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against actual or perceived race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation and/or other protected categories.
Who We Are
Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthen Latino institutions through work in the areas of education, health…
Compensation includes fully subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance accessible on first day of employment; access to flexible spending for medical and transportation; and a 403 (B) retirement plan with a company match after 6 months of service
Compensation includes fully subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance accessible on first day of employment; access to flexible spending for medical and transportation; and…
English fluency required, Spanish fluency an asset
English fluency required, Spanish fluency an asset
Please submit a résumé, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, and a writing sample.