Full Time Temporary
<img src="//:0" height="87" width="87">
About the Hunger Free America Child Nutrition Fellowship program:
The Child Nutrition Fellowship program is sponsored by Hunger Free America and funded by the Walmart Foundation and the Rachel Ray Foundation. This national project operates in 9 sites in both rural and urban areas across the country as part of a public-private partnership to improve access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps), the Summer Food Service Program, and other anti-hunger programs for Americans in need.
Each summer, Hunger Free NYC, a division of Hunger Free America, works to spread the work about free summer meals for children in New York City. Our team of Summer Fellows conduct place-based community outreach campaigns in target high-need neighborhoods where the summer meals program is underutilized.
Hunger Free NYC is seeking six Summer Associates to do the following:
- Research, contact, and partner with community organizations in target neighborhoods for summer meals outreach
- Perform community outreach
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers
- Implement summer meals media plan, including: social media, outreach to traditional media, support media events
- Create summer meals outreach materials
- Develop summer meals best practices materials
- Survey community members on summer meals
The ideal candidate will have:
· Interest in child hunger issues
· Experience working with diverse communities
· Adaptability and willingness to work on all kinds of projects
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Reliability, responsibility, and a good work ethic
· Good organizational and communications skills
· Familiarity with New York City and ability to use public transit
· Conversational Spanish or other languages spoken in New York City
This is a short-term, 10-week, full-time position beginning June 1st, 2018 and ending August 8th, 2018. You are expected to be available for the needs of your community and project at all times. Summer Fellows may be able to have a part-time job outside of service, however, they will discuss this with their supervisor prior to starting their position.
You are responsible for finding your own housing. No housing allowance will be provided.
● $910 Living allowance, paid biweekly
● Paid holidays
● Experience in the nonprofit sector
● Access to Hunger Free America’s national network of hunger-fighting institutions
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to David Stillman, Manager of Child Nutrition Policy and Programs, at email@example.com, using “Summer Fellow” and your first and last name in the subject line. Applications are rolling.
Minimum Education Required