50 Waugh Drive
The Director of Data and Analytics will direct United Way’s strategic information data center, becoming a leader on social service needs data and other community indicators. Using data, research and systems analysis to guide the development of baseline measures, the Director will track progress and impact on United Way’s strategic plan, Second Century Vision.
The Director is expected to stay up to date on research and data produced by local, state and national organizations. In addition, the Director will be expected to maintain current knowledge of relevant software, databases and online mapping systems that may help United Way achieve its data goals.
As Second Century Vision progresses, the Director will be expected to host community data forums and author/produce publications, potentially in partnership with other community organizations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research data and data systems within United Way of Greater Houston and develop periodic compilations and analysis of internal data. Become knowledgeable of available data within United Way divisions including in Donor Relations, Community Impact, Administration and Brand Management. Gather, synthesize and develop findings and recommendations. Determine the gaps United Way needs to fill in its data collection efforts, given the focus on lower-income families, and recommend steps to close those gaps.
- Work with United Way staff and volunteer leadership, recommend baseline metrics to capture United Way’s progress toward meeting goals outlined in the Second Century Vision – all families will have the opportunity to thrive. Recommend data systems and specific data collection efforts needed to capture and demonstrate impact. Develop implementation plan for capturing and reporting on the approved metrics. Implement action steps and track progress on what percent of lower-income families United Way is serving.
- Lead volunteer committees responsible for oversight in the development of data and analytics for the United Way that help guide our strategic direction. Responsible for developing baseline measures, conducting analysis, and tracking ongoing metrics
- Serve as lead on the United Way ALICE project and other community needs data. Develop presentations, findings and recommendations as a result of this data. Demonstrate the impact of this data on United Way’s work through development of findings and recommendations. Conduct presentations and outreach events to share the value of this data to the community.
- Lead special projects and organizational activities as assigned, including hosting community information/awareness sessions and authoring or producing publications. Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of community data systems through publication review, website research and key stakeholder interview.
Education Preferred: Masters or better in Statistics or related field.
Experience Required: 3-5 years: • Ability to use data and research to guide United Way’s work. • Ability to analyze and interpret financial, social and economic trend data; ability to reach sound conclusions and make recommendations. • Experience in group facilitation skills and utilizing a team approach to solving issues. • Experience developing collaborative partnerships and strategic planning. • Ability to manage relationships; strong relationship skills are necessary, including collaboration, diplomacy and discretion.
Medical, Dental,Vision, 401K with Matching, Vacation, Sick Pay, Holidays, Free Parking and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants must apply online for consideration.