Details: Commensurate with experience
New York Public Radio's mission is to make the mind more curious, the heart more open and the soul more joyful through excellent audio programming that is deeply rooted in New York.
NYPR is seeking a hands-on Director of Revenues to work with Development, Sponsorship, Self-Distribution and Business Development departments who will be responsible for accurate revenue recognition, reporting and analysis.
As the Director of Revenues, you are responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting and operations management. You will also co-manage the company's financial policies and procedures, its accounting practice, maintenance of its fiscal records as well as ensuring organization wide compliance with general accounting controls and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Technical analysis over partnership and other contracts / agreements to figure out appropriate revenue recognition.
- Ability to conduct in depth reading and analysis of partnership contracts/agreements.
- Contribute to improvement and build-up of Revenue Management excellence across the Organization.
- Analyze current revenue policies, procedures and processes to reinforce strengths and improve efficiencies throughout multiple business areas and systems.
- Lead multiple initiatives to direct and improve revenue cycle system operations that favorably impact accounts receivables.
- Ensure compliance on partnership and other contracts revenue recognition and related monthly, quarterly, or annual reporting requirements.
- Identify new opportunities for analysis of data related to the business divisions and make appropriate recommendations, such as changes to procedures based on data analysis and business trends.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations of revenues and related accounts receivable accounts.
- Work with the Business Development department in obtaining updated carrier related information and ensure timely quarterly billing distribution, revenue timing cut-off and related AR application and collection functions.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate monthly cost of sales.
- Obtain high level understanding of the WideOrbit trafficking system to ensure accurate revenue recognition from underwriting revenues.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation and distribution of cost of sales expenditures to include, but not limited to, commissions, premium, software and credit card expenditures.
- Oversee the month end revenue close including journal entries, account reconciliations related to revenue, deferred revenue and cost of revenues etc.
- Responsible for effective monitoring and collections of outstanding receivables and related bad debt reserve calculation.
- Review, analyze, and reconcile account balances and communicate with internal and external entities of varying levels to ensure that desired results are achieved.
- Obtain high level understanding of NetForum and (New System) grant administration system to ensure accurate revenue recognition from development revenue streams.
- Responsible for all grant related budgeting and reporting related activities
- Required to understand our grant policy and federal guidelines on grant tracking, spending and reporting
- Review and monitor grant documentation, including budgets, proposals, and other reporting to ensure compliance with foundation, federal / local / state guidelines.
- Improve or build system to track and report on grant related expenses
- Assisting in the collection, consolidation, and maintenance of data necessary to meet reporting and evaluation requirements
- Responsible for the A-133 audit
- Responsible for revenue portion of all internal and external audits
Necessary skills and experience:
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA and/or an advanced degree in business, accounting or related field.
- CPA certification preferred.
- 10 plus years accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Advanced level working knowledge of Excel and hands on experience with relational database and Access.
- Experience developing sophisticated, data-driven financial models and analytics to support the station planning and revenue forecast process.
- Experience in a combination of areas to include: financial planning and analysis, revenue accounting and external or internal audit.
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social background.
- Self-directed with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and teams and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines with the ability to manage several priorities at the same time, while maintaining high level of effectiveness.
- Excellent cross-functional and interdepartmental communicator.
- Highly accountable, ethical and results focused.
- Has a "Get It Done" attitude, with proven ability to follow through.
- Outstanding skills to deliver presentations, express and implement recommendations, solutions and work with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to understand and manage multiple revenue sources. Provides fundamental, operational and strategic support
- Strong analytical skills including financial analysis and business case development
- Efficient analytical skills including the ability to see big picture concepts
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate meetings with teams across the organization.
You should respond to WNYC with a resume and a letter expressing interest.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Minimum Education Required