UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The past two decades have seen important progress on child rights, yet while much has been achieved, sharp disparities remain. In most countries, inequality is higher today than a generation ago, including in middle income countries where most of the world’s poor children now live. The rapid pace of urbanization and the growing youth bulge in Africa and parts of Asia will require significant expansion of the provision of essential services for children. These challenges are compounded by the scale and complexity of crises triggered by conflict, natural disasters or epidemics. The global community faces these challenges when the political and economic environments pose challenges of their own, testing the world’s commitment to protecting the most vulnerable. In this environment, strong and consistent leadership of UNICEF is critical to enable the achievement of results for children.
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that rallies the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children through the unmatched reach of UNICEF. Headquartered in New Yo rk City, UUSA has some 300 employees distributed across nine regional offices in the U.S. To fuel UNICEF’s life-saving work across the globe, UUSA raises nearly $600 million dollars from private sources every year every year, and advocates for U.S. Government policies and funding to help children around the world.For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Position:Deputy Director, Corporate Partnerships Development
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships Business Development, the Deputy Director of Corporate Partnership Development, Midwest Region will lead strategic partnerships supporting UNICEF and UNICEF USA.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Secure multi-million-dollar corporate partnerships with the private sector inclusive of the Fortune 2000.
- Collaborate with UUSA staff and national/regional boards to build strategic relationships with key corporate stakeholders within the c-suite. Lead on new partnership development discussions / meetings and engage prospects throughout the various stages of prospect development including exploration all the way to stewardship. Must be able to execute successful, integrated partnerships.
- Work closely with UNICEF program colleagues to develop integrated partnerships with the private sector.
- Work to ensure partnership terms are in compliance with UNICEF processes and guidelines.
- Work closely with the Private Fundraising and Partnerships team (PFP) to map out global opportunities within the mechanical, industrial, CPG, retail, and real estate sectors.
- Lead the negotiation of agreement terms and develop contracts.
- Ensure relationships are built at all levels of the company, but especially with key senior corporate contacts (c-suite) to help advance relationships and secure multi-million-dollar commitments to support transformational partnerships for children.
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships team, Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts, other UUSA departments, and UNICEF to leverage core company assets to initiate innovative ideas and maximize opportunities.
- Collaborate with UUSA departments, including Marketing & Communications, Administration, Finance, and Global Programs. Work closely with the Corporate Partnership Management team to ensure a smooth transition once contracts are signed.
- Lead internal and external meetings and liaise with key corporate prospects, in accordance with UNICEF headquarters, other National Committees and Country Offices.
- Represent UNICEF USA in meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in partnership development or a strategic partnerships role; mix of corporate and non-profit experience preferred
- Proven track record generating new, multi-million-dollar revenue
- Significant relationship building: ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and styles, and experience working with contacts at all levels of Fortune 500 companies, including presenting to senior-level decision makers and influencing across business units and functions, including foundation contacts, as well as marketing/PR contacts
- Ability to juggle multiple objectives at once including relationship building and partnership development while negotiating with several large, complex companies at one time.
- Experience working with the mechanical, industrial, retail, CPG, and real estate sectors a plus
- Ability to lead internal and external meetings
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill, and present information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to domestic and international developing country locations required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Understanding and experience with the stages of partnership development, from qualifying, exploratory conversations, strategic proposal development, negotiations and contracting
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.