Job Summary: The Resident Manager is responsible for ensuring safe and secure living conditions for all residents. The position requires a reliable and sensitive individual who is dedicated to serving the needs of low-income tenants. S/he must display a calm manner and presence during emergency situations, exercise sensible and impartial judgment, and be willing to perform a variety of tasks.
Part time, On-call, Nonexempt
Chinatown neighborhood, San Francisco
Perform nightly duties (approximately half an hour per day) and on-call Monday through Friday 5 p.m.-8 a.m. and on Saturday, Sunday, and CCDC Holidays from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (24- hours).
Ability to live on site
The Organization: A private non-profit founded in 1977, Chinatown Community Development Center believes in a comprehensive vision of community. We manage 29 affordable housing buildings serving over 2,800 low-income seniors, single adults, formerly homeless adults, and families of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Chinatown, Tenderloin, Western Addition, and Polk Gulch neighborhoods. We also build housing, develop grassroots leadership, and engage low-income residents and youth. Our employees are passionate about the mission; thrive in a family organizational culture; and embody values of empowerment, teamwork, and compassion. Chinatown CDC serves a diverse population and is committed to hiring practices that provide culturally competent services. We encourage people of color to apply.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Perform nightly security check on buildings floors and lock up common areas as needed/or in an emergency matter.
- Separate recyclables, compostable, and landfill trash when needed.
- Respond to and handle all buildings emergencies during on-call shift: flood, fire, electricity outrage, serious injury, medical emergency
- Report all maintenance related issues to Property Manager
- Log and document serious events on incident reports and submit to Property Manager
- Respond to tenant complaints in a reasonable time manner
- Report any graffiti on both interior and exterior side of the building to Property Manager
- Log activities daily and occurrence including date, time, and what happened that day or no incidents
- Respond to all telephone calls, otherwise, return calls as soon as possible
- Respond to calls or emergencies at the building as soon as possible and notify the Property Manager as appropriate
- Along with Property Manager, attend resident meeting a minimum of once per year
- Required to reside in resident manager unit and stay every night while on duty
- Perform nightly security check on each building floor and lock up common areas as needed or in an emergency matter.
- Clean building entrance, hallway, and community area when needed
- Approximate time to perform nightly duties per day: _half an hour_
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Commitment to respond to all cell phone/pager calls within ten minutes
- Commitment to be at property site within thirty minutes of being notified of any building emergency or respond by phone immediately
- Willingness to do varied tasks
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Act in a pleasant, professional, and calm manner
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse ethnic groups
- Sensitivity to issues facing low-income families, disabled, and elderly populations
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Experience responding to basic maintenance issues (preferably in a multi-unit building)
- Prior experience as a resident manager
- Current employee in Property Management
- Experience working in affordable housing projects, especially in property management
- Knowledge of building/facility operations
- Intermediate or advanced building maintenance skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link below or visit our website www.chinatowncdc.org to complete an online application.