Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
1001 Connecticut Ave, NW
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise has worked to catalyze and convene multiple national networks of innovative education leaders including Education Innovation Clusters (EdClusters). EdClusters are regional ecosystems that bring together educators, entrepreneurs, researchers, funders, and other community stakeholders to support entrepreneurial teaching and learning in their communities. By collaborating outside the silos of sector and institution, these partners form a local network that is uniquely positioned to design, implement, and scale breakthrough learning practices and tools.
The Education Fellow will be responsible for supporting the work around an exciting new project: the launch of regional community events in five regions across the country. Specifically, the majority of the work will focus on scaling Remake Learning Days Across America -- a successful annual event created and managed by the EdCluster in Pittsburgh. Digital Promise is partnering with PBS and the Remake Learning Network to scale Remake Learning Days to new regions and the broader network in order to galvanize communities around hands-on, engaged learning experiences.
Reporting to the Director for Education Innovation Clusters, Education Fellow will be an integral part of Digital Promise’s work to advance the next phase of community-based engagement in EdClusters.The fellowship is for one-year. Washington, DC candidates are preferred.
- Project management and responsibility for collaborating to support the expansion of community-based regional opportunities utilizing a proven regional model.
- Work with the EdClusters networks in support of the Remake Learning Days expansion to the five new regions (San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina).
- Create guiding documentation on best practices for stakeholder engagement, network collaboration to support regional community-based initiatives.
- Work with each region on the design and logistics of regional events and the identification of regional partners. Support the rollout of RML Days in each region.
- Track data and engagement in regions relevant to grant outcomes. Codify learnings and best practices. Develop reports on regional progress against grant goals.
- Work with the Digital Promise communications to develop a communications plan to include providing guidance to the regions. Document stories on each region’s concept, plan and implementation.
- Provide overall project management support and track progress against team goals, impact metrics, and grant deliverables
- Serve as thought partner and collaborator with League and EdClusters team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in academic or professional setting leading or managing groups on a project or task (programs, committees, clubs, project teams, etc.)
- Project management experience (formal or otherwise) and strong organizational skills
- Experience in planning and supporting events, conferences, or convenings
- Excellent written communication skills and experience in writing for a range of audiences
- Understanding of best practices for communication, design, and dissemination of written and multimedia communications outputs
- Comfort engaging with multiple different internal and external stakeholders at all levels of leadership
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to regional meetings
Benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.