334 Furman Street
The Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation (BBP), a not for profit corporation, is responsible for the design, construction and operation of Brooklyn Bridge Park, an 85-acre, 1.3-mile, world-class park that stretches along the Brooklyn waterfront from Atlantic Avenue to Jay Street, north of the Manhattan Bridge. It has already reconnected the citizens of Brooklyn to their waterfront, replacing abandoned piers, parking lots and storage sheds with opportunities to play sports, stroll, or lounge at the water’s edge. Adding much-needed open space for Brooklyn and New York City residents, Brooklyn Bridge Park will contribute to the extraordinary revitalization of waterfront in the New York Harbor, serving as a bridge from the commercial uses of previous centuries to the recreational uses of the future. Construction of the park is underway, and BBP operates areas of the park as they open to the public, while continuing to construct the remaining portions of the park design.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Operations, the Special Events and Permit Coordinator will direct the processing and implementation of athletic, film/photography, and special event permit applications using BBP’s permit tracking database in addition to issuing and tracking all permits for parking and events. This position requires strong customer service skills and attention to detail throughout the permitting process. The Coordinator will need to perform permit compliance inspections for all City, State and Federal regulations pertaining to event needs.
· Oversee and manage the processing of all wedding, film & photography, athletic, field day, special event and parking permits, ensuring that all proper records are maintained for all permits issued, and actively check-in on permitted events in the Park to ensure compliance with BBP rules and regulations;
· Ensure that applications are entered accurately and in accordance with agency procedures in an efficient and timely manner;
· Assist with maintaining and updating the permitting database;
· Work directly with the Assistant Vice President of Operations on the processing of all permit applications and ensure that all departments within BBP are updated on a regular basis regarding new and annually recurring events;
· Update weekly park activities schedule and provide crew/staff instructions related to permits when necessary;
· Serve as BBP’s liaison to the Mayor’s Office of Citywide Event Coordination and Management on all large-scale events.
· Assist the Finance Department with reconciliation of customer payments against permit database payment report by issuing quotes for additional permit fees, and tracking all permit fees, quotes, and payment records in databases;
· Coordinate across departments within BBP to produce a weekly Park schedule of permitted events ensuring that scheduling conflicts do not arise with BBP Capital and Operations projects, as well as the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy’s schedule of events and programming.
· Coordinate with BBP’s Communications team on website updates, including event scheduling and closures;
· Assist the public through various forms of communication with applying for and obtaining permits while providing excellent customer service.
· Work with NYC Parks Enforcement Patrol and NYPD on large-scale event coverage, as needed.
· Provide general Operations support as needed. Assist in projects including managing an inventory of park assets, tracking electrical usage, and various maintenance tasks.
· Assist in the development of future BBP programs and departments with relationship to the overall park management, as well as the Coordinator’s direct relationship with permit holders, community groups and stakeholders, and other local groups, as the park continues to open areas currently under renovation, and future areas yet to be developed.
· Time Management
· Attention to Detail
· Customer Service Skills
· Conflict Resolution
· Bachelor’s degree preferred;
· Significant experience in event management;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Demonstrate interest in the evolving field of public space management;
· Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, energetic and self-motivated;
· Ability to communicate across all departments and interact with all levels of management and staff;
· Proficient computer skills including database management software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel;
· Comfortable working independently or with a team in a park-setting;
· Capable of working additional hours, under pressure, and independently as necessary, while handling a diverse range of responsibilities
· Valid US driver’s license required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must include salary expectations. US Citizen or Green card (no sponsoring). NYC residency required. Please state “Special Events and Permit Coordinator” in the Subject line.
Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.