Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 127-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services—social, educational, legal, health, housing, mental health, nutritional and fitness—which significantly improve the lives of 16,000 people in need each year, ages 3 to 103, on the East Side of Manhattan. Our clients include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons, adult learners and more. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit lenoxhill.org and check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
Located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in the historic mixed-used Park Avenue Armory, Lenox Hill Neighborhood House’s Women’s Mental Health Shelter is a 24-hour program that addresses the critical issues facing 80 homeless women, age 45 and over, who have histories of mental illness. Through a comprehensive continuum of care and programming that includes social work services, medical, nursing and psychiatric care, specialized peer support, housing placement, benefits assistance, arts and recreation and food and nutrition programs, our talented, multi-disciplinary team helps clients to transition from homelessness to permanent housing.
We are seeking a Director of Operations for our Women’s Mental Health Shelter, located in the Park Avenue Armory, to join us and help us to continue our organizational vision and advancement. Reporting to the Shelter Administrative Director, the Director of Operations will be our lead manager for ensuring a safe and secure environment for all clients, staff, and visitors.
· Provide leadership and direction to social service team and manage 24/7 operational staffing schedule
· Directly supervise the contracted Security Service and Maintenance Service staff and monitor access control systems
· Oversee the proper maintenance and repair of the Women’s Shelter building and equipment in order to meet program and operational needs (including equipment, lighting, furnishings, kitchen equipment.)
· Implement excellent and dedicated customer service for our clients, by working with clients directly on issues, which include, but are not limited to: beds, linen, proper storage of personal items, etc.
· Establish operations service goals and priorities, ensuring compliance with all required protocols and regulations and identify potential problems affecting the Women’s Shelter
· Manage all external relationships with vendors and contractors that effect operations of the Shelter facilities including, but not limited to: electricity, waste removal, office cleaning, extermination, utilities, telecommunications, equipment repair, general contractors, plumbers and building managers
· Ensure the Shelter complies with all relevant City, State and Federal, building and health codes laws, as well as all program-licensing requirements
· Maintain necessary documentation and promptly report incidents, as required, to appropriate local, state and federal public health including regulatory agencies
· Participate as needed in all inspections and audits by government agencies, funding sources, insurance companies and other relevant institutions
· Help to ensure Fire Safety in our 24/7 Women’s Shelter
The ideal candidate for the role of Director of Operations thrives in a highly social and busy community setting and is willing and able to work a non-traditional, fast paced, full-time schedule that will include evenings and weekends. The schedule is from Tuesday through Saturday given our 24/7 operating schedule and the expansive needs of our clients. The person should possess excellent leadership, organizational, customer service and administrative skills, be detail-oriented, resourceful and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. As part of a collaborative team, they must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and be a team-player. The Director of Operations must have a minimum of five years of relevant experience. Experience working with clients in social services or community-based health settings preferred. Bachelor’s degree and Valid NYS driver’s license is required; relevant advanced degree and/or Certified Property Manager preferred. Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package available.
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 127-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services—social, educational, legal…
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the…