Details: Depending on qualifications
500 N. Dunton Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004-6417
The Arlington Heights Memorial Library (AHML) is one of the busiest single-building libraries in the country, with over 1,000,000 visitors last year. The library has earned Library Journal’s 5-star rating for ten consecutive years, a distinction only given to 13 libraries in the U.S. The library serves a population of 75,000 Arlington Heights residents, as well as customers that visit from neighboring communities. Check us out at www.ahml.info
We are looking for a skilled HR manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources strategy, practices and processes. The HR manager will create an environment of support where our employees can learn, succeed and develop. You will focus on talent recruitment, performance management, employee training, development and engagement.
As the first impression of the library to prospective employees, the HR manager will set the standard for Our Culture. If you have the capability to develop the talent strategy and HR framework needed to support the library’s mission, vision and values, build morale through organizational change, and create a culture of development and accountability, we would love to meet you!
• Develop and manage a performance appraisal system that fosters high performance, drives retention and improves the employee experience. Support the performance management cycle including reviews, performance and individual development plans
• Assess training needs with management. Create, record and monitor training programs for all staff
• Implement a comprehensive onboarding process for new staff
• Evaluate, analyze and report recommendations for compensation strategy
• Balance employee/management needs, address concerns and document grievances
• Nurture a positive working environment for staff and volunteers
• Support management by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel
• Assist in counseling all staff on career development
• Ensure human resource management legal and policy compliance with local, state and federal regulations
• Review, revise and recommend personnel policies and procedures
• Lead in the recruitment and selection process of new talent
• Establish and maintain library’s HR records and reports and adhere to record-keeping guidelines
• Administer employee benefit programs, review benefit needs, trends and recommend revisions to management and conduct educational benefit programs. Consult with employees to resolve benefits issues
• Interpret personnel policies and procedures for staff; investigate and review disciplinary actions and advise management on proper courses of action. Resolve employee concerns and keep executive director informed on personnel issues. Train managers to coach and discipline employees and monitor sensitive situations
• Coordinate staff day, employment recognition and volunteer special events
Requirements & Skills:
Demonstrated ability to provide value for employer and employees. Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as highly effective collaboration skills. Able to apply technology to improve services and work processes and to use online hiring recruitment tools effectively. Can lead at both strategic and tactical level.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field. Advanced degree desirable. Eight to ten years professional experience, including HR operations, compensation, benefits management, and experience at the manager/director level. Experience managing decisions affecting risk liability through employment and safety practices.
Hours and Scheduling:
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week. This is an exempt position.
Salary and Benefits:
Annual starting salary: $74,614 - $93,268 depending on qualifications.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must submit by Friday, August 31, 2018:
- A letter of interest describing how your qualifications and experience meet those required for the position.
Only electronic submissions will be considered.
Benefits include health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation plus personal and sick time, 12 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plans.
Arlington Heights is the largest community along Chicago’s northwest suburban corridor, located 25 miles from downtown Chicago. The train station is located just two blocks from the library, convenient for our employees who live in the city.
Minimum Education Required