POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing and Business Development Associate is responsible for growing COA’s brand awareness and supporting its lead acquisition and business development strategies. The Associate uses data and best practices to conceptualize, execute, and continuously improve high-quality, brand-aligned, niche-specific marketing collateral and campaigns. The Associate works collaboratively with the organization’s leadership and shares accountability with the sales team for converting prospects and visitors into marketing-ready leads across COA’s marketing/media channels and engineering a strong hand-off from marketing to sales. Functioning as a key member of COA’s Business Development Unit, the Marketing Associate works across the organization to further COA’s mission and to facilitate the achievement of COA’s year-over-year growth goals.
Marketing Strategy Development and Execution
· In collaboration with the sales and business intelligence functions, gather and analyze consumer behavior and campaign performance data and use it to revise current and/or develop new strategies and campaigns.
· Translate marketing strategy into multi-channel marketing campaigns (paid and earned) driving growth, awareness and applications for accreditation and renewals, including e-mail campaigns and advertising (social/online/traditional).
· Manage the design, content, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, not limited to newsletters, brochures, videos, banners, social media graphics and our website.
· Increase lead interest and conversion through strategic content creation.
· Serve as the project manager for COA’s marketing campaigns and related projects from conception to completion, coordinating the work of COA staff and consultants to ensure project execution on time and budget and within scope.
· Ensure consistency of all marketing, promotions and communications across all platforms.
Brand Development and Management
· Work with senior leadership to refine the strategic positioning of the COA brand and define the strategies that will build brand awareness and meaning, differentiate from competitors, strengthen competitiveness, and integrate communications.
· Unify and maintain COA’s brand identity and consistency through implementation of organization-wide standards, procedures and protocols, by authoring and maintaining an editorial and graphic style guide.
· Leads staff in discussion on core institutional messaging, prioritization of messages and encourages creative approaches/solutions to messaging challenges.
Event and Conference Engagement
· Research industry events and maintain calendars for potential promotional events.
· Collaborate with the sales and accreditation operation departments to appropriately staff promotional events.
· Collaborate with departmental leads and COA’s Quality and Training Team to conceptualize and develop workshop proposals and material for conference and webinar presentations.
· Schedule and organize promotional events focused on the development of new business.
· Design the appearance of the company’s promotional booths/tables.
· Provide administrative support to the marketing team as needed.
· Upholds COA’s mission and are responsible, flexible, reliable, and dependable.
· Demonstrates a commitment to high quality and responsive service; proactively identifies opportunities and takes action to improve operations; Offers and accepts constructive feedback; Contributes to the development of new ideas.
· Actively engages in problem solving; Responds to complaints; Seeks resolution of conflicts.
· Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks; Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards.
· Works collaboratively with others to encourage and support the accomplishment of goals/tasks.
· Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external COA stakeholders; Interactions are timely, responsive, and courteous.
· Shows respect for each person’s individuality and preferences, and the cultural/ethnic diversity of COA’s stakeholders.
· Demonstrates a commitment to learning and improvement; Pursues activities to enhance personal and professional growth for self and others.
· Protects the confidentiality and the information/documentation obtained by nature of our work.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, business, statistics or relevant field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a marketing associate or related position.
- Non-profit or B2B marketing experience preferred.
- Significant experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketing, and digital advertising/marketing tool.
· Familiarity with accreditation processes a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, written, and oral; strong eye for design and quality content creation abilities.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy, campaign development and deployment, project planning and measurement to understand impact and ROI.
· Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
· Experience implementing marketing strategies for multiple geographies is a plus.
· Market research and analytics skills with a strong ability to use data to tell a story and create actionable insights.
· Experience with CRM, web content management systems, e-mail and marketing automation platforms inclusive of Salesforce and Pardot.
· Meticulous attention to detail inclusive of superior copywriting, editing, proofreading, presentation and training skills.
· Exemplary computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (in particular Photoshop) are required
· Experience with major digital advertising tools and platforms.
· Experience using Google Analytics to optimize web content and campaigns.
· Strong eye for design and experience creating marketing materials (decks, web content, case studies, brochures, etc.).
· Travel is required to attend industry-related events and conferences.
Medical and dental insurance, a voluntary vision plan, a 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and other insurances, Professional Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required