1631 Hayes Street
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across six sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
Program and Position Overview
The Training Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of Hamilton Families’ organization-wide employee training, on-boarding, and professional development program. This role will work closely with stakeholders to create a comprehensive, relevant, and effective training, onboarding and professional development program with the goal of supporting HF employee engagement and organizational success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Design and operationalize a comprehensive training, on-boarding, and professional development program for all HF employees. Develop a cost analysis related to the implementation and ongoing costs of the programming.
· Conduct needs analyses. Engage relevant stakeholders in design and delivery of training, on-boarding, and professional development programming.
· Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and deliver training and onboarding sessions relevant to the work of HF.
· Assess and recommend for implementation a learning management system (LMS) that will meet HF’s training, on-boarding, and professional development program delivery and tracking needs, including quality and efficacy of programming.
· Standardize and enhance existing internal training, on-boarding, and professional development processes and materials.
· Keep up to date on latest organizational learning industry standards, best practices, tools, and processes. Research and analyze training options, delivery methods, and techniques. Act as an instructional design subject matter expert.
· Create and execute a communications plan to keep stakeholders apprised of program progress. Cultivate organizational “readiness” for program launch.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field and 1 - 3 years of experience developing and implementing training programs. Instructional design and/or curriculum development experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated successful project management experience. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills; ability to successfully meet project deadlines.
· Excellent collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with people at all levels of the organization.
· Experience successfully implementing learning management systems (LMS) technology.
· Experience developing infrastructure to evaluate training efficacy. Knowledge of training program analytics and reporting.
· Experience developing program cost analyses.
· Human Resources experience preferred.
· Knowledge of leveraging HRIS systems – experience with ADP strongly preferred.
· Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations governing fair employment practices preferred.
· Self-directed; ability to take initiative and to work successfully as a project leader or team member.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong ability to communicate successfully across all levels of the organization.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
· Sensitivity to the needs of families experiencing homelessness; able and willing to work with diverse staff and program participants.
· Criminal background check and fingerprint imaging required post offer.
· TB (tuberculosis) clearance and documentation required post-offer.
· Essential job functions include using a telephone and working at a standard computer terminal; able to perform job duties with reasonable ergonomic accommodations; able to sit and stand for long intervals, reach, bend, lift and carry up to 40 pounds, and walk up and down several flights of stairs several times every shift.
Hamilton Families offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Please use the link above to submit an application through our ADP Career Center.
· Please attach your résumé and a brief letter of interest.
· No faxes or phone calls.
Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.