This position sits on the KIPP Through College Team and is based in Austin, Texas.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Career Integration Specialist is responsible for implementing programming for KIPP Austin’s new career integration initiative. The initiative is aimed at supporting high school KIPPsters and KIPP alums to explore their interests and abilities, career options and college majors, and to create college and career plans that match their future goals. Additionally, the initiative will explore organizational partnerships in order to create career exposure and internship opportunities for our students and alumni.
This position serves the KIPP Through College (KTC) Team by developing the options and opportunities available for students to explore the world of work in choosing their own path as they lead choice-filled lives. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong work ethic, creativity, and the ability to be flexible.
COMPENSATION: $38-40K annually
REPORTS TO: Director of KIPP Through College program
- RESPONSIBILITES:Track and progress monitor assessments and other key career integration indicators
- Work with the College Counseling and Persistence Teams to develop a timeline for the critical moves necessary to achieve career integration into the college match and transition process.
- Develop a tracking system (google docs) to monitor the progress of students through career assessments, surveys and other career integration activities
- Lead training on utilizing career interest assessments and surveys and results analysis for faculty teams
- Utilize assessment, survey results and student interest to develop relationships with organizational partners for career exposure and summer of learning opportunities
- Work with high school students and families
- Lead trainings and workshops for students on the soft skills necessary to be successful in the work environment
- Schedule and manage logistics for all workshops and family meetings
- Host family meetings on internship and summer of learning opportunities available to students
- Work with Alumni
- Work with the Alumni Advisors, specifically those supporting students at community college, to promote career pathways and opportunities with KIPP alumni
- Maintain a spreadsheet of alums seeking job opportunities along with their resumes
- Counsel students who are not engaged in work or education and support their successful transition to a positive path
- Identify students for whom job opportunities become available and coach them through the application and interview process
- Host career trainings and workshops for local alums along with those on college breaks
- Plan special events for alums aimed at developing college and career goals including career assessments, survey, job searching, creating a career plan, etc.
- Work with Partner Organizations
- Work with Future Focus to support and develop internships and career opportunities for alums
- Develop a robust knowledge of local vocational training programs and maintain relationships
- Secure and maintain relationships with professional and volunteers interested in working with KIPP Austin Alumni
- Maintain relationships with other Career Integration Leaders in the KIPP National network and being an active participant on community of practice calls and initiatives
- Ensure KIPP Austin is meeting all performance goals for the Career Integration RFP
- QUALIFICATIONS:Prior experience working with high school and college students (especially first-generation) and their families in the college counseling field
- Strong working knowledge in all Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work with faculty, families, students, and community partners
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast learner with the ability to inquire and be open to feedback
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment that is deadline driven
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to help our students persist in college.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, willing and able to play different roles at the school, and to go above and beyond to meet the varied and constant needs of the students of KIPP Austin
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and understanding
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin Public Schools’ mission and community
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLY HERE: http://kippcareers.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0X0W000009nPtI