Details: Commensurate with experience.
1000 Vermont Avenue NW
District of Columbia
The Environmental Integrity Project (EIP) is looking to hire a full-time digital journalist to research and write reports, expand our social media following, and manage our website. The journalist would report to Communications Director Tom Pelton, working in our Washington, D.C. office, and also help with media relations tasks as needed, such as writing press releases and grant reports and tracking media coverage.
EIP is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization, founded in 2002, that works to protect public health and natural resources through the enforcement of environmental laws. We research and release data-based investigative reports to the news media and public that spotlight pollution problems and increase pressure on regulators and lawmakers to address these challenges. We also help communities and local environmental groups take legal action against fossil fuel companies and other major polluters.
The Digital Journalist would be responsible for:
- Managing and posting on the organization’s social media platforms and website.
- Conceiving and executing strategies to expand our social media following and outreach.
- Researching, writing and editing reports.
- Assisting the Communications Director with writing and proofing press releases, grant proposals, fact sheets and other documents.
- Supporting media relations tasks, such as tracking news media coverage and compiling media reports.
- Three to five years professional experience as a journalist preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency with social media and websites, as well as knowledge of current best practices for social media.
- Strong talent in writing, researching and editing.
- Passion for and knowledge of environmental issues.
- An ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to create graphics and videos for social media a plus.
Generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter made out to Tom Pelton, Environmental Integrity Project, with a resume, five examples of published articles or reports, and three professional references. Email the materials to email@example.com with “Digital Journalist” in the subject line.