OMNI Institute is a 501c3 nonprofit consultancy that supports nonprofit organizations, philanthropies, government agencies, and social ventures to accelerate positive social change toward a more equitable society. We provide research, evaluation, and capacity building services through a 100% fee-for-service project-based consulting model. We have 50 staff in our Denver HQ and in other US locations. Our primary areas of focus include Community Health, Behavioral Health, Adult & Juvenile Justice, Economic Security, and Children & Families.
OMNI Institute seeks candidates for a quantitative-focused Research Manager (RM) or Senior Research Manager (SRM) position. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this position and more information about this is in our Diversity and Inclusion statement at the end of this posting. Our RMs/SRMs design and execute evaluation projects, including project conceptualization, leadership, and deliverable development; manage client relationships; lead project teams and supervise staff; and often provide methodological expertise and leadership for our best practice teams.
- A passion for solving pressing social challenges.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills and the ability to clearly communicate and work with teams.
- Innate curiosity with a desire to ask more questions, look at information from new perspectives, and question how you can make something better; an interest and willingness to work on new projects, explore new content areas, and desire to take on and learn new tasks and methods.
- The ability to adapt, learn, and grow through your work; to hold your work and methods to high standards with a strong attention to detail.
- Training in quantitative research methods in an academic or applied social science research context; typically a PhD with work experience or a Master’s degree with additional work experience.
- Experience leading and working in close collaboration on project-based teams and managing complex, interconnected workstreams.
- Experience with SPSS and Tableau. Experience with R programming language highly desired.
- Demonstrated interest in at least one of our core content areas of work.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
What this role will look like
In 90-days you will have:
- Completed our onboarding process and have a foundational understanding of the work we do, our quantitative tools and methods, the role you will be expected to play on projects, and have a working knowledge of the systems and processes we use to manage and execute on our work.
- Received your first project assignments, met with the project staff, and have developed a clear understanding of the role you will play and specific expectations for each project
- Begin making meaningful contributions to projects.
Some of what you may do during your first year at OMNI:
- Build meaningful connections with your project team members and the broader OMNI team.
- Contribute to projects across our topic and content areas and with different teams and staff. Some of your work may include:
- Partner with clients to specify research questions, conduct literature reviews, develop evaluation plans, and design longitudinal studies, quasi-experimental studies, and RCTs
- Guide and support others in the development of data management protocols (or design more complex coding /data integration systems).
- Design and execute the methodological components of a complex study (e.g., thinking through the integration of multiple, mixed-methods data sources such as secondary data, interviews, and surveying to address research questions).
- Analyze data using appropriate methods including descriptive statistics and significance testing (e.g., t-tests, chi-square, linear regression, logistic regression, etc.)
- Work with datasets, typically under 1,000 records, collected through survey efforts of tailored social science evaluations while accessing, managing, and incorporating client generated or secondary datasets from local, regional, or national sources.
- Support others in the design and execution of more basic methodological and analytic tasks.
- Develop external deliverables that integrate multiple methods.
- Develop and monitor complex workplans/timelines/budget.
- Manage project teams including agenda setting, internal team and client meeting facilitation.
- Develop/maintain client and stakeholder relationships and external communications.
- Supervise and mentor staff, providing ongoing feedback and guidance to support individual growth and performance.
- Develop scopes of work that include budgets, staffing configurations, and workplans.
- Identify key learnings and improvements from our projects and contribute new and improved approaches to our knowledge management and internal Quantitative Best Practice Team.
- Support grant management tasks and reporting as directed by project leads.
Additionally, Senior Research Managers at OMNI Institute will likely
- Manage larger and more complex project teams and provide quality oversight on smaller projects.
- Support business development efforts through subject matter expertise and development of proposal content.
- Engage in more complex analytic processes and protocols that may include more sophisticated mixed-method or analytic techniques (e.g., multi-level modeling, propensity score matching) that require synthesis
- Begin managing a content-based portfolio of work and/or provide substantial leadership to our Quantitative Best Practice Team
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, first generation immigrants, those who were first in their families to attend college, and people who are from marginalized income backgrounds.
As a proud equal opportunity workplace, we believe that a diverse team is fundamental to living our core values. The inclusion of diverse perspectives provides new ways of asking questions (Inquiry), fresh approaches to tackling challenges (Agility), inspiration to produce better work (Excellence), and contribute to a greater shared understanding of our community and sense of connection among our staff and to our clients (Connection).
This is a remote flexible position within the continental US states. OMNI Institute’s headquarters is in Denver, CO where we have an office for staff to work from. Employees who choose not to work from OMNI’s office will need to have a suitable home office environment. We have limited work travel to a minimum during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, in the future travel (up to 10% of time) may be required for certain client projects.