Development Assistant/Raiser's Edge Database Manager
- Job posted by YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
15 West 16th Street
The YIVO Institute for Jewish Research was founded in Vilna, Poland, in 1925, and relocated to New York City in 1940 with the mission to study the thousand-year history of Jewish life in Eastern Europe and Russia in all its aspects: language, history, religion, folkways, and material culture. Today, YIVO’s Archives and Library contain over 24 million items and 385,000 volumes in over 12 languages. YIVO offers public and educational programs throughout the year, grants research fellowships, and sponsors scholarly publications.
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Assistant/Database Manager will provide skilled support to the development department. This is a fast-paced position that requires expert level knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Luminate, intermediate level of Microsoft office, as well as the ability to multi task, establish best practices and create database procedures; additionally, there will be light administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgment process, ensuring all data is entered accurately and that personalized acknowledgment letters, tributes, membership cards and premium gifts are mailed promptly.
- Create gift reports, queries, exports and reports for mailing lists, email blasts, donor recognition listings.
- Ability to move information from Raiser’s Edge to Financial edge.
- Responsible for gift batches and reports for finance and ensure gifts are reconciled accurately.
- Ensure the integrity of the database, including clean-up tasks and data enhancement services.
- Serve as primary contact for database when team members require assistance.
- Help coordinate and assist with department fundraising events and activities.
- Prepare necessary materials for internal and external meetings and take minutes.
- Manage and maintain calendar and files.
- Compose correspondence, process expenses, make travel arrangements, maintain calendar and filing system, and perform general administrative duties for the Director of Development.
- Liaise with members of the Board and other lay leaders and donors.
BA degree preferred
2-4 years of fund development experience and knowledge
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in Raiser’s Edge and proficiency in Luminate.
- Experience in data migration, integration, and mass batch import in CRM software, conditional mail merges, Luminate Online, Internet, database management a must.
- Demonstrated success in using logic and problem solving to troubleshoot software complications.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Detailed-oriented, organized, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Strong sense of responsibility, effective time manager with the ability to multi task in an extremely fast paced work environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events and work overtime, as required.
- Awareness of the confidentiality of our work.
- A team player able to work well with other professionals and lay leaders.
Excellent benefit package offered
Please send resume and cover letter, including start date availability and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required