Details: Competitive salary plus bonus opportunity for meeting development and fundraising goals
The Adelante mission is to empower enterprising women with the least opportunity to achieve economic self-sufficiency, and our microfinance model was created to alleviate poverty in rural Honduran communities. Most lending institutions will not lend to the poor, as a lack of credit history and assets can involve greater lending risk. The banks that do lend to poor rural communities charge unfair interest rates or require collateral to guarantee the loan in order to mitigate risk. This often puts the borrower in a predatory lending situation in which she has the potential of losing everything, and possibly putting her family in debt, as well. Our model offers access to credit, group support and alternative plans in cases where repayment becomes difficult due to the daily struggles of poverty and client education on a broad variety of topics. Each of our loan offerings are designed to address specific barriers that prohibit our clients from breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty.
The primary responsibilities and requirements of the Development Director are as follows:
· Develop and execute an ambitious annual fundraising strategy.
· Identify potential grant opportunities and submit necessary applications to secure grant funding. This includes letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and follow-through reporting on progress.
· Build and nurture ongoing relationships and communications with new and existing donors in order to develop long term commitments and secure larger donation opportunities.
· Support fundraising dinners and other events for individual donor groups.
· Coordinate and execute holiday giving campaign.
· Run the annual Foundation raffle.
· Travel into the field and collect client stories for our periodicals.
· Accompany representatives of funding organizations, individual donors and visitors on field and client visits.
· Maintain an active social media platform presence to engage donors.
Board Support Function:
· Work closely with the Board of Directors and Executive Committee to execute plans and goals. Act as a liaison between the local operations staff in Honduras and the Executive Committee.
· In partnership with the Operations Director and Finance Director, provide a monthly report on operations, finance and fundraising to the Board of Directors.
· Create a strategy to build brand image and market awareness, incorporating a variety of multimedia and social networking platforms.
· Create a strategy for a successful fundraising campaign aligned to and in support of the organization’s strategic priorities.
· Assist in the planning and logistical support for Board meetings and Board member trips to Honduras
· Fluent in English and Spanish with strong speaking and writing skills in both.
· 3+ years of living and working in a Spanish-immersion environment.
· Demonstrable fundraising experience with successful results.
· Experience working with Boards of Directors in the not-for-profit sector preferable.
· Experience working with social or community programs preferable, especially with women in rural Latin America.
· Project management experience.
· Experience working with multimedia development preferable, especially in a not-for-profit setting.
· Minimum 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
· Self-motivated self-starter with good intuition.
Location and travel:
· Position is located in La Ceiba Honduras in the Adelante headquarters.
· Frequent travel into the field in Honduras and occasional travel to the US to meet with current and potential donors and Board members
Medical, dental and time off benefits in accordance with Adelante Foundation policies
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal candidate will be fully fluent (written and oral) in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cv/resume plus cover letter to Amanda@Fundacionadelante.org