150 Golden Gate Avenue
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, serves as the Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Executive Director’s Office. This includes providing administrative support services for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Executive Management Team, and Chaplain Team. The Executive Coordinator must demonstrate in their performance adherence to established policies and procedures exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance punctuality.
- Provide direct support to the Executive Director: manage schedules and calendars and ensures Executive Director is fully briefed and prepared for all meetings and events.
- Serve as the hub for all communications with the Executive Director: screen, prioritize and direct inquiries from those within and outside the organization; is the liaison between all staff and the Executive Director ensuring that high priority correspondence receives proper attention and response. Serves as communication and information link for Executive Director with other Directors in the organization. Responsible for coordinating and facilitating communication and information flows between the Executive Director and the organization as a whole (composes letters, memos and updates information on network).
- Serves as the main liaison between the ED and Board of Directors: takes lead on executive committee and board meeting scheduling, preparation (document collection and issuance), and day-of organization (location, preparation, refreshments and other logistics) and minutes taking. Maintains board resolutions, minutes, rosters and policies adopted by board.
- Plan and manage regular internal meetings among staff and other meetings as appropriate; this includes arranging logistics, materials, space, and technology requirements. Provides and coordinates administrative support services for Foundation-wide functions and events, Board of Directors, Board committees/task forces, executive management including but not limited to correspondence, meeting minutes, files and reports. Attends Board meetings, Board committee/task force and Executive Management Team and other meetings as needed.
- Manage, improve and create, as needed, administrative systems for calendar, contacts, and communications; to ensure that files, both electronic and paper, are organized and current. Establishes, develops, prepares and maintains procedures, filing, budget, inventory and reporting systems for the Executive Director’s office.
- Conduct research and/or prepare materials as needed. Initiates, researches, undertake and complete special projects, tasks and assignments as needed or as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Together with the Communications Team manages the organization’s historical archives.
- Maintain and manage relationships with a variety of internal and external partners and contracts.
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes; draft letters, emails, and other written work products as necessary.
- Attends meetings with and on behalf of the Executive Director and performs appropriate advance and follow-up work.
- Handles appropriate routine functions of the Office of the Executive Director in the absence of the Executive Director by ensuring the functioning of the Executive Director’s office in relationship to both internal and external needs and inquiries.
- The Administrative Assistant working as part of the ED’s team knows that the employee’s presence is an essential function for the team to be successful.
- Maintains confidentiality of all documents and other information.
All other tasks as assigned or needed by the Executive Director.
Minimum Education Required