Full Time Temporary
Details: DOE Per Mosier Teachers Association Collective Bargaining Agreement
1204 1st Avenue
About Mosier Community School
Mosier Community School (MCS) is a K-8 Public Charter School in Mosier, Oregon. At Mosier, students are actively involved learners in building a personal knowledge of the world around them through action, experience, and reflection. MCS utilizes a relationship-based model focused on problem solving, place-based, project-oriented, and collaborative learning. Students engage as active participants in their learning and develop their own meaning and knowledge in the process. MCS 6-8 (middle school) utilizes an education model that includes proficiency-based assessment, and teacher-student advisory as student support. Please visit www.mosier.k12.or.us to learn more about our school.
Middle school teachers at MCS serve the dual role of teaching an academic core subject to all middle school-aged students, as well as serving as an academic advisor for approximately 16 middle school students. The middle school science teacher is responsible for all science classes in the middle school.
Teachers are supported through weekly meetings with the middle school team, professional learning communities, and monthly professional development. Some of the training and support we have offered include place-based education, social-emotional learning, classroom management, proficiency-based grading, professional learning communities and others as needs arise.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach physical science to 4 periods of blended 6-8 grade science classes
- Assess students utilizing proficiency-based grading methods
- Prepare students for formal assessments to meet essential skills requirements including preparation for OAKS state assessments, and compiling and assessing work samples
- Serve as an academic advisor and counselor for approximately 16 students, including tracking education progress in all classes, offering social/emotional support, and serving as community touchstone for student and family.
- Participate in collaborative leadership structure through middle school team, and all teacher meetings
- Participate in critical friends style professional learning community
- Manage student information through Powerschool electronic database. Includes daily attendance and grade tracking.
- Facilitate student-led conferences.
- Offer a differentiated curriculum that creates learning and assessment opportunities for a wide range of ability levels.
- Approach problems with flexibility, creativity, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of and experience with
- Constructivist education philosophy
- Place-Based and project-oriented education models
- Proficiency-based assessment practices
- Restorative discipline practices
- Oregon State Teaching License
- Masters Degree in Education or related field
- Bilingual and applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply
All full time employees at MCS have access to medical and dental insurance. All employees are enrolled in the Public Employee Retirement System.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, statement of education philosophy, and contact information for three references to email@example.com