32 Walnut Street
Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of VT community since 1972. Our mission is to provide transformative prevention, intervention and development programs for young people and families in Windham County communities. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace. We offer a competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The Workforce Development Programs at Youth Services is launching a youth-led screen-printing business which will combine workforce development skills and mentoring for the young people that Youth Services works with, as well as others in the community. This programmatic model also includes case-management support, youth-voices and leadership, along with entrepreneurial development.
In addition to facilitating the operation of the screen-printing business in collaboration with the Brattleboro Screen-printing Cooperative, this position will provide oversight and coaching for mentors and mentees as they navigate strength-based relationships. This work includes coaching families, youth, and volunteers to assure successful mentor matches.
The Employment Coordinator will also attend local network meetings and support advocacy of efforts for our clients, while helping to develop relationships and collaborative partnerships with state and social service agencies, community partners, and stakeholders to further the agency’s ability to achieve agency goals and improve the systems of care for our clients. The Coordinator will also help to develop relationships and collaborative partnerships with the private sector, both small businesses and associations, to recruit mentors and employment opportunities for clients.
This Employment Coordinator will begin as a 20 hour per week position, but could increase to a full-time position.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Ongoing until position is filled
● Have at least 3+ years of private sector collaboration experience;
● Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with adolescents and young adults
● Demonstrate knowledge and experience with strength-based practices and youth development frameworks;
● Experience in mentoring or being a mentor; case management, and/or social work.
● Demonstrate ability to contribute to a supportive, and affirming environment for all youth;
● Understanding of dynamics of oppression, marginalization, poverty and ability to thrive in diverse work environment;
● Successful experience teaching, training or supervising new learners, and a talent for empowering and engaging others to work together to achieve goals;
● Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices.
● Must have a working knowledge of referral agencies in Windham County that deal with youths and families, and an understanding of youths from 12 to 24 years of age.
● Must have reliable transportation.
● Google Suite skills necessary.
Minimum Education Required