Details: Starting salary range commensurate with experience.
436 14th Street
Position Description: Digital Engagement Manager
Reports to: Dream Corps Chief Operating Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Oakland, California
About the Dream Corps:
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. Our initiatives -- #cut50, #GreenForAll, #YesWeCode, and the #LoveArmy -- are closing prison doors and opening doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power, bringing people together to solve some of America’s toughest problems.
The Dream Corps is looking for a Digital Engagement Manager to develop and implement digital engagement strategies; build and operate the tech tools needed to grow, cultivate and mobilize our online members; and maintain our digital platforms to advance solutions-based campaigns. This includes online fundraising, digital advocacy, database management, and managing our website and Dream Corps social media accounts. The Digital Engagement Manager also fosters collaboration and provides central coordinating support to Digital Organizers housed within each of the initiatives, to identify opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness, learning, and collaboration.
This is a fast-paced, self-driven position that requires a blend of interpersonal skills, creativity & flexibility, familiarity working with various tech platforms, ability to learn new tools and platforms quickly and a willingness to complete different tasks every day. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who is self-motivated, always learning, and enjoys fast moving, collaborative environments.
- Manage our database (NationBuilder)
- Pull regular reports and analytics to share with the team
- Interpret reports and analytics to improve systems
- Lead email engagement strategy and coordination across initiatives (NationBuilder)
- Develop and oversee implementation of online fundraising strategy
- Oversee the work of digital vendors/contractors for website, email, graphic design, digital security, etc.
- Build and manage the digital tools and platforms needed to support digital advocacy (i.e. peer to peer texting, call tools, petition pages, etc.)
- Develop process for cultivating and managing distributed volunteer teams
- Set up and manage volunteer tasks such as peer-to-peer texting campaigns, and coordinate volunteer program with support from Digital Organizers at each initiative.
- Identify, implement, and oversee digital security protocols across the company
- Help ensure a positive experience for all Dream Corps members, leaders and volunteers online
- Lead cross-initiative coordination and collaboration that engages and supports digital leads within each initiative
- Oversee maintenance of all Dream Corps digital platforms (i.e. website, social media, etc.)
- Other duties as necessary, including huge projects and minuscule tasks
- Alignment with our core values and commitment to the vision of the Dream Corps
- A demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice
- 2+ years of online or distributed organizing experience
- 2+ year of digital communications, digital engagement, or digital marketing strategy
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience with NationBuilder
- Experience doing peer-to-peer texting preferred
- Experience managing email campaigns
- Experience with online fundraising preferred
- Ability and commitment to learn new organizing technology
- Solid campaign writing skills
- Clear, honest and consistent communication
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with people of different backgrounds and skill levels toward common goals
- High attention to detail and high personal standards for work quality
- Ability to think positively, problem solve and adapt to a changing landscape
- Ability to think strategically and to execute
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to track multiple projects at the same time and manage time well
- Ability to be productive and engaged in a remote team. (Our staff is based in different locations across U.S.).
Additional skills are a PLUS:
- Experience using Slack as a communication tool
- Experience using Asana for project management
- Graphic design skills
- Basic video editing for social media
Standard health and retirement benefits are provided, as well as paid vacation, holidays and sick days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Dream Corps Digital Manager - YOUR NAME" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Your cover letter should tell us why you will be great at this job and why you want to work with us. Use it to tell us something your resume can’t tell us. Applications without a cover letter will not be read. Please also include 3 references.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.