Canvassers –Hampton Roads
New Virginia Majority
New Virginia Majority (NVM) is hiring canvassers for its 2018 get-out-the-vote campaigns. We are seeking conscientious individuals with a deep commitment to working with people of all backgrounds to foster their civic engagement and build their capacity as agents of social change. This is a unique opportunity to work on a non-traditional, data- and research-driven campaign. Positions are available in Richmond, Northern Virginia and Hampton Roads areas of Virginia.
Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented self-starters who thrive on person-to-person contact.
Working independently and with fellow staff and volunteers, successful candidates will execute the following duties:
- Reach potential voters at events, gathering sites and door-to-door to build their commitment to voting
- Ensure their success in becoming engaged voters
- Provide them with information about the voting process, including dates and sites
- Express appreciation for their intention to vote
- Directly prior to the November election, reach back to voters to remind them to vote
- Ensure accurate and complete data on all of the above is submitted in a timely fashion
- Assist Regional Field Director in meeting program goals
- Other duties as assigned, as related to the success of the campaigns.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to follow guidelines to complete required tasks
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their employment history including any organizing, canvassing, sales/social marketing or campaign experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org for Richmond Area.
New Virginia Majority is an equal opportunity employer.