About Fair Trade USA
Fair Trade USA is an internationally-acclaimed social enterprise that promotes sustainable livelihoods for farmers and workers, protects fragile ecosystems, and builds strong, transparent supply chains in partnership with over 1,300 leading brands and retailers. Its trusted Fair Trade Certified™ seal signifies that rigorous standards have been met in the production, trade and promotion of Fair Trade products from countries across the globe. Recognized as a leading social venture by the World Economic Forum, the Skoll Foundation, Fast Company and Ashoka, Fair Trade USA also provides critical capacity-building programs at origin and educates consumers about the power of their purchases.
Overview of Position
Fair Trade USA seeks a highly motivated, team-oriented marketer with strong experience connecting causes and brands to create results. The Director, Business Partner Marketing will be responsible for amplifying the Fair Trade Certified brand both with business partners and consumers. This role works directly with the marketing leaders at our business partners to understand the role Fair Trade certification plays in their marketing strategies, and then look for ways Fair Trade USA can creatively collaborate. Fair Trade works with leading brands in coffee, consumer packaged goods, clothing, produce and seafood. Just a few of the best-known Fair Trade Certified brands are Honest Tea, barkTHINS, Patagonia, Athleta, West Elm and Newman’s Own coffee.
This role works within the larger Marketing & Communications team and serves as the liaison between the in-house marketing subject matter experts (digital, media, social, PR), Fair Trade’s category business development/account management teams and the brands. Your job is to help orchestrate amazing campaigns that help business partners see the value in partnership with the Fair Trade USA brand, and consumers see the value in purchasing Fair Trade Certified products. The result is campaigns that will live across the paid, earned and owned channels of both Fair Trade USA and our brand partners. In addition, we need your vision to help hone our B2B marketing strategy --helping with pitches to new brands and growth discussions with existing ones. In a complex multi-stakeholder environment, this role is an advocate for the power marketing can have to help brands activate consumers. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- B2B marketing strategy created in collaboration with Fair Trade USA marketing and business development teams
- Package and present internal marketing capabilities to show business partners the value of the Fair Trade Certified brand
- Annual marketing planning by Category with quarterly updates
- B2B2C marketing strategies that take in to account Category and tier of business partner
- Participate in new business pitches; lead the conversation around marketing
- Provide regular consumer insights for the relevant category or brand
- Analyze results of campaigns or collaborations and provide recommendations for optimization
- Educate teams around brand guidelines (use on packaging, in-store or digital etc.)
- Help standardize the Fair Trade USA approach to new business pitches in voice and visuals across categories
- Creation of B2B communications (like newsletters)
- 8-10 years experience in B2B and B2C partner marketing
- Track record of developing and executing winning B2C marketing strategies across marketing disciplines and channels (including traditional media and in-store)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow a large, complex and tiered portfolio of partner relationships
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining collaborative cross-functional relationships
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Experience with cause-oriented organizations or initiatives
- Passion for equity, integrity and empowerment
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter which addresses why you would like to work for Fair Trade USA in addition to your qualifications for the role, including your experience with complex cause-oriented organizations or initiatives.