The Communications Associate reports to our Director of Communications and collaborates closely with this executive as well as our Senior Communications Officer. Together, the members of this team support external and internal communications, with organization-wide and topic- or program-specific branding, messaging, and strategic communications across a full range of applications, including publications, presentations, web and social media presence, public commentary, news media, convenings, and other products and events.
Communication strategy and tactics
· Contributing to and helping implement Foundation-wide and program-specific communications strategies, messages, tactics, and campaigns—including acting as production manager, campaign implementer, and editor or proofreader on created content
· Leading coordination/logistics of relationship networks and events
· Building out and managing editorial and production calendar and project-specific workplans or timelines
· Seeking and collecting data to support departmental monitoring, evaluation, and learning
· Applying insights and opportunities across projects, platforms, and activities
Digital and social media presence
· Leading execution and advancement of online activities, including website, social media, e-newsletters, and intranet
· Maintaining and enhancing the Foundation website
· Driving digital/social media efforts to elevate organizational and program communications strategies
· Stewarding the Foundation’s online profile; informing other Foundation staff about specific issues
Branding and audience relations
· Promoting and ensuring a consistent brand profile and organization-wide and program-specific messaging through the Foundation’s website, presentations, social media, etc.
· Managing calendars and logistics for audience engagement and visibility opportunities (marketing, sponsorship, speaking, etc.)
· Building out and managing contact lists
· Supporting communications training for staff
· Assisting with messaging and storytelling on internal communications efforts
· Supporting communications with board members
· As needed and assigned; may include budget management, contract development and management, and meeting or event support
Academic: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Experience: Three to five years of experience that demonstrates strong skills in communications and collaboration, as well as the ability to manage time and projects well.
Experience in the following is a plus: digital media management; social media planning and execution; public relations or social network management; print production; mission-driven work, particularly for systems change or in California.
· Detail-oriented, able to analyze information and synthesize into communications
· Excellent time management skills, including strength in managing competing deadlines
· Able to follow procedures and comfortable taking initiative to suggest process improvements
· Strong skills in writing, editing, and oral communications; ability to develop, proofread, and edit communications with a critical eye. Graphic design production skills a plus, but not necessary.
· Ability to use or quickly learn relevant software applications, including those for design, web presence management, and project management (for example: Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office/PowerPoint, WordPress, social media tools such as Hootsuite, and project management tools such as Asana and Salesforce).
The Communications Associate reports to our Director of Communications and collaborates closely with this executive as well as our Senior Communications Officer. Together, the members of this team support external…
This is a full-time position. Our office is located in downtown Oakland, though staff are currently working remotely during the pandemic. Once safe to do so, some travel may be required.
College Futures Foundation offers competitive compensation and excellent health, commuter, and retirement benefits. The annual salary for this position is $65,000–$80,000 (commensurate with experience). This salary range is subject to expand over time.
This is a full-time position. Our office is located in downtown Oakland, though staff are currently working remotely during the pandemic. Once safe to do so, some…
Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, and three relevant work samples. The work samples should include: one strategic example (such as a campaign plan or persuasive/advocacy communications piece), one narrative example (such as a profile piece, blog post, video, or article), and one example of basic daily or internal/supportive communications work (such as meeting notes, social media posts, or a persuasive email). These examples are meant to provide prompting ideas; choose the work samples you feel best illustrate your work relative to the position.
The application deadline is May 14, 2021. Please submit materials as soon as you are able so we can review and respond.
Please submit application materials (cover letter, resume, and work samples) via email to email@example.com. Preferred subject line: “Application – Communications Associate.” No calls, please.
Learn more about our work at www.collegefutures.org.
Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, and three relevant work samples. The work samples should include: one strategic example (such as a campaign…