Executive Assistant, Integration Office
The Chief Integration Officer is a senior executive of the Open Society Foundations and a member of its Management Committee. She oversees a number of programs and Human Resources, as well as chairing the National and Regional Foundations Committee and co-chairing the Leadership Group on Inclusion. The Integration team in the Executive Office is responsible for gauging and strengthening integration and alignment of the OSF network. It aims to diagnose and address dysfunction and poor coordination where it exists, and to create the conditions for collaboration and broad adoption of good practice. That work requires the contribution of many OSF units and the Integration team plays a coordinating role on behalf of the network. It also helps build shared understanding of OSF’s mission, priorities, and understanding of its goals. The Integration team aims to promote an organizational culture that it is inclusive and equitable, cherishes diversity and difference and enables all staff to feel fully seen and able to maximize their effectiveness.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities can include the following:
- Performs administrative functions that support the work of the Chief Integration Officer, including but not limited to drafting and processing correspondence independently, creating and updating filing system, organizing meeting documents, placing and screening calls and directing messages to other staff or external colleagues as necessary
- Coordinates flow of information and requests, including interfacing regularly with colleagues requesting meetings and approvals, helping to prioritize meetings and tasks, responding to questions from throughout the Executive Office, and helping to ensure all requests are handled promptly and transparently
- Supports the CInO’s participation in the Management Committee, Senior Leadership Group, and in her role as the National Regional Foundation Committee chair and Leadership Group on Inclusion co-chair
- As needed, email management of the CInO’s email account, including prioritizing email, and responding as required
- Manages the CInO’s calendar, coordinates meetings, and ensures that her schedule is handled in an efficient manner
- Coordinates the CInO’s travel arrangements including: obtaining visas; scheduling flights, transfers, accommodations; and preparing travel documents and schedules
- Participates in the Executive Office Administrative meetings and contributes actively and/or leads processes to improve, simplify, and standardize administrative work throughout the office
- Assists with preparation of the Integration Office annual budget
- Coordinates approval of payments for the CInO’s supervisees expenses, grant payments, and contracts
- Reconciles the CInO’s monthly expenses and expense reports
- Provides operational/administrative support for the department as neededCandidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree and three to four years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Complex administrative and/or executive assistant experience, and demonstrated interest in executive support
- High discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary
- Attentive to detail and prioritizes often simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects
- Diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers and the general public
- Proactive, self-motivated working style with the ability to anticipate needs before they arise
- An interest in Organizational Development
Please note that a cover letter and resume are required for all applications.
- Please apply via our website.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations, and we welcome and actively seek applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
Minimum Education Required