121 6th Avenue
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Springpoint is a national nonprofit that partners with districts, charters, and networks to design and launch innovative high schools that meet the needs of all students, preparing them for college and career success. We provide school design and planning workshops, implementation supports, tools and resources, customized coaching, and learning experiences that help educators do school differently. Our support often begins with a student-centered, community-driven school design process, followed by a robust design cycle that asks practitioners to develop and codify school models that respond to the needs of their students.
Partnerships with Springpoint are differentiated by an intentional approach to new school model design and implementation that is both student-centered and grounded in youth development theory. Our supports are flexible and responsive to each partner’s unique context. We collaborate closely with leaders, guiding them through a comprehensive school development process that includes concept design and implementation, school launch, and ongoing iteration. Throughout, we retain a sharp focus on supporting the development of innovative approaches that can ensure success for all students, including innovative practices that can accelerate success for every student no matter where they are in their educational trajectory. We have particular expertise in these areas:
- Initiative Design & Capacity Building: we partner with networks, districts, and foundations to develop strategies, based on research and attentive to local contexts, that result in the launch of new school models.
- School Model Design: we lead partners through a structured design process focusing on discovery, synthesis, alignment, and iteration. We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach—schools should look and operate differently based on the needs of the students and communities they serve.
- Leadership Coaching & On-going School Support: we provide coaching, training, and tools to school leaders and their teams in the design of school models that are not only effective but sustainable over the long-term. We help our partners sequence priorities and allocate time, people, and resources in a way that will best serve student needs.
- Mastery-based System Implementation: we support partners in developing and implementing mastery-based approaches that can create more equitable learning ecosystems and assessment practices.
Springpoint works closely and collaboratively with partners, providing support both virtually and in person, and developing tools and resources that can be accessed and used at any point in the design and implementation process.
Springpoint is housed at the National Center for Civic Innovation in New York City.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Operations Coordinator will provide central operational and administrative support for Springpoint staff, assist with preparation for events, and provide support for other projects as needed. The successful applicant will bring a range of organizational and productivity skills, a collaborative spirit, a problem-solving and self-initiating work ethic, an attention to detail, and a strong sense of informed social purpose. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and be able to take on new and multiple tasks as the organization grows. This position is a blend of administrative and programmatic, and applicants should be comfortable handling both.
This position is based in New York City. Occasional travel may be required.
Scheduling & Travel:
- Research and book appropriate travel and hotel accommodations for staff
- Secure conference rooms and conference lines as needed; monitor calendar for scheduling overlaps or conflicts; make reservations as needed for external meetings
- Prepare and process reimbursements for staff and external event participants ensuring adherence to reimbursement guidelines, the curation of all necessary receipts, proper expense coding and completion of forms, and timely submission
- Assist in the curation of missing receipts for the monthly AMEX expense report, as instructed
- Coordinate and book travel for staff
- Assist with printing, collation, copies, and arrangement of materials
- Monitor and process reimbursements following event
General Program & Administrative Support:
- Manage office supplies, organize DropBox, and track technology contracts, payments, and expirations
- Assist with printing, copies, and mail
- Research available external resources and leading experts who can contribute to partner learning, potential new schools to visit during study tours, technology or systems to help increase operational efficiency, and any other research as needed
- Take on other projects and provide general support to advance mission of organization
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years of experience providing administrative and program support of the kinds described above
- Candidate must be a multi-tasker who can juggle competing tasks and prioritize between them
- Experience with event coordination
- Candidate must be tech savvy and have experience and excellent facility using a range of productivity software and cloud based tools, particularly Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Google analytics, social collaboration platforms and social media tools
- Strong writing and oral communications skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Direct familiarity with education reform at the secondary level preferred but not required
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Salary based on experience. Compensation includes comprehensive benefits and vacation package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required